- Enjoy the best of Mexican cuisine on a walking tour of Mexico City’s culinary delights
- Check out a variety of eateries as your guide shares insider knowledge of great food spots
- Taste favorite regional dishes and learn about modern and pre-Columbian food traditions
- Follow your guide through atmospheric downtown streets lined with colorful historic buildings that are architectural gems
- Try the tasty chocolate drinks at La Tacuba, a popular restaurant that has been open for more than 100 years
- Small group limited to 12 people for a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Continue to Restaurante Chon, which specializes in pre-Hispanic dishes made with exotic (and nutritious!) ingredients such as grasshoppers and other insects. These foods were important in the diet of ancient Mexico and are now delicacies served in the finest restaurants. Sample some of these unusual treats, or enjoy items made with quintessential ingredients such as corn, squash, chili, tomatoes, beans, avocado and chocolate.
Save room for a visit to the historic La Merced district where colorful buildings with wrought iron balconies give the area a memorable ambiance. Turn onto a pedestrian street and enter Roldan 37, a charming restaurant known for authentic Mexican fare such as enchiladas, stuffed poblano chiles, garlic shrimp and grilled skirt steak.
Finish the tour at the celebrated Cafe Tacuba and order the praiseworthy chocolate drinks from the extensive menu. At the end of the 5-hour tour you can stay at the restaurant and soak up the festive atmosphere or your guide can walk you back to the starting point.