Book with us and save 7% compared to another travel site!
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the Teotihuacan Pyramids and the Shrine of Guadalupe
- Climb the pyramids, visit the butterfly temple and see the Temple of Quetzacoatl
- Explore ancient Mayan ruins at the famous archaeological site
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from most downtown Mexico City, Reforma and Polanco hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- MoonPhoto by: William D
USA, 04 2013
- MePhoto by: Bandit
USA, 09 2012
- IMG_3063Photo by: Wendy S
- IMG_3141Photo by: Wendy S
- Sun PyramidPhoto by: Alexandra W
- Plaza de 3 culturasPhoto by: rocioguardado13
- Pyramid of the Sun at ...Photo by: Viridiana M
- Pyramid of the SunPhoto by: Troy J
- Pyramid of the SunPhoto by: André d
- Thanks Frank!Photo by: Yamilet A
- Basílica de N.S. de ...Photo by: Lívia
- Pirâmides de TeotihuacanPhoto by: Lívia
- Piramide della LunaPhoto by: Olga N
- Piramide del SolPhoto by: Olga N
- CactusPhoto by: Olga N
- TeotihuacanPhoto by: Olga N
- Semi-precious stonesPhoto by: Olga N
- Plaza de las tres CulturasPhoto by: Olga N
- The silver masterPhoto by: Olga N
- The Sun PyramidPhoto by: Amitabha
United States of America, 12 2014
What You Can Expect
Your full-day tour of the pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city takes you around its magnificent pyramids, the Avenue of the Dead, the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, and Temple of the Feathered Serpent, the third largest pyramid at Teotihuacan. Wander down wide avenues, thousands of years old, and learn about the Aztec customs and culture of this ancient site commonly referred to as the City of the Gods.
Climb your way up the Sun Pyramid and the Moon Pyramid. From the summit, admire the vast Avenue of the Dead, the mile-long (2.5 km) road that divided the city and stretched from the Moon Plaza in the north to the Great Compound in the south.
After your Teotihuacan tour, head to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the most visited religious site in Latin America. Learn about the Spanish Baroque work of art built in the 16th century. Legend has it that a ‘lady from heaven’ appeared in 1531 to a local peasant at Tepeyac, a hill just outside of Mexico City. She identified herself as the Mother of the True God, instructed him to have the bishop construct a temple on this location and left an image of herself imprinted miraculously on his tilma, or cloak.
Your tour ends with transport back to your hotel.
This was a great tour. Highly recommended!
this place is absolutely amazing!! the tour started out by checking out the old pyramids in the centre of town that were partly demolished to build the temple/church. We then went to a silver shop where we got free beers and tequilas, and drove to a place where they made amazing jewellery and sculptues out of natural rocks and lava, and also made tequila and mescal. After this we went on to the Teotihuacan Pyramids which for me was the highlight of the tour. So much history in one area, and we got to climb both the sun and moon pyramids, Prepare your legs because there's a lot of stairs. I just wish I bought a slinky to roll down from the top!! There are also lots of people trying to sell you their wares in the pyramid zone, You have to be forceful if you dont want to buy, if you even show interest prepare to be followed and asked to buy! A buffet lunch was provided after the pyramids which was really tasty and there was lots to chose from. My only negative feedback would be that the lunch was served at about 330-4pm, so take some munchies on the tour. The guides were great, very informative and spoke fluent English. one of the highlights of my tour!
This is a must see if traveling to Mexico City. My tour guide was excellent and I learned a lot about the history of Mexico. I had ample time to clime to the top of the Sun Pyramid. The Shrine of Guadalupe was also good because it was on a Sunday and I saw presentations by the local people.
The bus arrived at my pick-up location exactly as scheduled. We were also taken to 2 locations that were not mentioned in the original trip, but they were so wonderful to visit. The tour guide was really friendly and knowledgeable and gave us enough time to explore on our own. Lunch after the tour was buffet-style at a very nice restaurant. I highly recommend this tour package, and suggest to pay the little extra to have lunch included.
Wonderfull bretgth taking tour. Our gide was very informd and helpfull
this was a fantastic tour! great tour, great food, awesome guide!
The tour was very good. Only having 10 people was great. The guide spoke English well, was very knowledgable and was well presented.
$52.99 Save $4.00