- 2-hour tour of Museo del Novecento in Milan
- Admire the renovated Palazzo dell’Arengario building where the museum is housed
- Learn about innovative 20th-century art movements like Cubism and Futurism
- See an iconic painting of workers on strike in Italy called Il Quarto Stato
- Discover the works of Umberto Boccioni – one of Italy’s most significant Futuristic artists
- Admire panoramic views of Piazza Duomo from the museum’s top level
What You Can Expect
While walking around admiring paintings and artifacts, your guide will explain some of the different 20th-century artistic movements like Cubism, Futurism and Metaphysical art. Hear of the impact these groundbreaking concepts made on the art world, when artists stepped away from their fascination with representational art.
Museum highlights that you’ll see include a canvas called Il Quarto Stato (The Fourth Estate) by Italian supremo Guiseppe Pellizza da Volpedo, as well as significant works by Umberto Boccioni, a Futuristic painter and sculptor. Head up to the museum’s top level to see a floor-to-ceiling panorama of Piazza Duomo -- sure to impress, even if modern art’s not your thing!
After two hours, your tour finishes inside the museum and you can continue exploring independently if you wish.