- Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- Take a scenic cruise on Lake Como to admire the beautiful lakeside villas and gardens
- Dock in the delightful town of Bellagio (summer only)
- Take the funicular to Brunate for sweeping views of Como (winter only)
- Enjoy free time to shop, dine and sightsee in the city of Como
- Visit the Basilica of Sant'Abbondio, a Romanesque-style church
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lake ComoPhoto by: Judy & Mike
- Lake ComoPhoto by: Penelope J
- Lake Como Day Trip from MilanPhoto by: LiuChing M
- P1060584Photo by: HOWARD D
- P1060529Photo by: HOWARD D
- Lake Como: It's Me and my ...Photo by: Richard L
- Start of our journey to Lake ...Photo by: Richard L
- Embarking the ship to start ...Photo by: FADI H
Canada, 07 2009
- On the bank of Lake ComoPhoto by: FADI H
Canada, 07 2009
- Beautiful BellagioPhoto by: Leticia G
- Lake ComoPhoto by: Mandy
USA, 01 2016
- Bellagio on Lake ComoPhoto by: Philip H
- Waiting at Como for our trip ...Photo by: Catherine C
- Villa at Lake ComoPhoto by: marcia_erl
- BelagioPhoto by: marcia_erl
- OlmoPhoto by: marcia_erl
- La PuntaPhoto by: marcia_erl
- Arriving in BelagioPhoto by: marcia_erl
- Church by the lakePhoto by: marcia_erl
- Beautiful BellagioPhoto by: Elizabeth C
What You Can Expect
Winter Tour: (November to March)
Relax on your 1-hour morning journey from Milan to Lake Como. Hop out to stretch your legs on a tour of Como, the lake’s main town, and learn about its key sights around the historic center. From town, take the gondola to the village of Brunate, a serene spot in the hills above Como. Gaze down at the lake, flanked by the Rhaetian Alps, and then make the most of some free time for lunch.Return to Como by gondola before the highlight of your day: your 1-course Lake Como boat tour. The water offers the best vantage point to see the lake and its shorelines in all their glory; keep an eye out for chichi villas and luxury hotels as you cruise. Cernobbio’s opulent Villa d'Este hotel is one such sight with its grandiose façade and tropical gardens.
After your return to shore, enjoy some free time to see the sights at your own pace, shop or perhaps sip a coffee. Then, finish your time in Como with a visit to the Basilica of Sant’Abbondio, a Romanesque-style 11th-century church, before your return to Milan.
Summer Tour: (April to October)
After your 1-hour coach journey from Milan, start your tour of Como with a look inside two of its historical attractions: the Basilica of Sant’Abbondio and the neoclassical Villa Olmo on the lake. Continue into Como’s historic center, and use your free time to get to know the town at your own pace: perhaps sightsee or shop for Lake Como keepsakes.
Meet back with your guide for an extended 2-hour cruise around Lake Como, admiring the hillside villas and hotels, and pose for photos against the backdrop of the alps.
Return to dry land in time for your trip to the colorful seaside town of Bellagio, which many pinpoint as a highlight of the lake. Spend some time at your leisure here to explore and perhaps savor lunch. Later, cruise to Cadenabbia, then return to your coach for the journey back to Milan.
My boyfriend and I loved our tour to Lake Como!! The bus ride is quick, only an hour or so. Our favorite part by far was the ferry ride. Such amazing views. We had a quick lunch on Bellagio and snuck into this really cool wine bar for a tasting with very large pours. It was a great afternoon!
Nice trip, Beautiful scenery on the lake and at Bellagio, where we stopped.
The Lake Como tour from Milan was amazing! After exploring Milan the first day, it was great to get out the city and explore such a beautiful place. Our tour guide, Laura, was excellent. She provided us with a lot of interesting historical facts and fun trivia about the area. If you have time to attend the tour, it is definitely worth it!
Truly beautiful - a stunning day with a knowledgeable and helpful guide - highly recommended
This was by far the best day trip of all our tours. We loved it.
Fantastic trip, was bitterly cold as we were there in January.
Loved this tour, weather was a bit bleak but it was still beautiful. Our tour guide was great too.
I loved Lake Como and Bellagio! I wish I was still there! I would recommend this tour! We started on a bus to Lake Como, then a 2 hour boat ride to Bellagio. Had breakfast in Lake Como and lunch in Bellagio!
This is a wonderful tour! The ferry ride up Lake Como yields spectacular scenery at every turn, culminating in a few hours' free time to explore the lovely town of Bellagio. Try Hotel Suisse for lunch--the food is excellent! Lots of fantastic shops with local art and handicrafts to duck in and out of.
A brilliant excursion with an excellent guide - not to be missed