As an extra bonus, this tour also includes a Milan Fashion Card, a pass that's only available to customers taking this tour. The card allows discounts of at least 10 percent to be claimed on purchases in selected Milan stores.
- 3-hour walking tour of Quadrilatero della Moda, Milan’s fashion quadrangle
- Learn about the history of fashion in Milan from an expert local guide
- Visit Via Montenapoleone, hearing about prestigious designers like Gucci and Versace
- Discover palatial architecture and leading fashion houses at Via della Spiga and Via Gesù
- Finish with a visit to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the bustling arcade at Piazza della Scala
- Make use of a Milan Fashion Card to claim discounts of at least 10 percent in selected stores
What You Can Expect
A long-sought-after area for the affluent Milanese, Quadrilatero della Moda is lined with elegant mansions and palatial-looking architecture that dates back to the 17th century. When Milan became a major textile producer nearly two centuries later, the city caught the eye of Europe’s fashionistas and the wealthy fashion houses decided to lay down their roots in Milan’s ritziest neighborhood.
Stroll down pedestrianized Via della Spiga, seeing well-heeled locals shopping for Italian designers like Bulgari, Sergio Rossi and Dolce & Gabbana, and then stop for photos by an ornate Neo-Renaissance palace on Via Gesù. Look out for the glossy-fronted shops of French designers Chanel and Hermès on Via Sant’Andrea, and then take a turn onto Via Montenapoleone – the legendary street of Milan’s fashion quadrangle.
Known to locals as simply the Montenapo, Via Montenapoleone is where all the beautiful people of Milan go to shop ‘til they drop. Admire the luxurious facades of swanky stores selling Gucci, Versace and Louis Vuitton and learn about the prestigious designers from your guide.
Amble down Via Manzoni, seeing the Grand Hotel of Milan nestled between impressive palazzi and chic boutiques, and then finish your tour with a stroll through Piazza della Scala – home to the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Admire the luxury glass-roofed shopping arcade, say goodbye to guide and receive your Milan Card: a discount pass that's only available on this tour. The card can be used in selected Milan shops for the following two days, and offers discounts of 10 percent or more.