- A full-day visit to the historic Good Hope Estate
- Wander the estate’s 2,000 acres, taking in the verdant plant life
- Gawk at exotic and indigenous birds in the 9,000-square-foot aviary
- Stroll along the Martha Brea River
- Take a dip in the estate’s swimming pool
- Upgrade to choose from several optional activities, including ATV riding, ziplining, river tubing, rum tasting, and visiting a pottery studio
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Cultural Explorers option
Take a guided tour of the historic Good Hope House, with its rustic stone-and-wood-beam interior, and then indulge in a rum tasting. Appleton Estate Rum, made nearby, is an excellent, smooth rum with an exceptional taste of the terroir of Jamaica. You can also see the grounds from a horse-drawn carriage.
Thrill Seekers option
More activities await, this time for the real thrill seeker. In addition to attending the rum tasting, you can fly through the air on the Good Hope zipline, 45 feet above the ground; inner-tube down designated waterways through the property; take a tour of the pottery studio, where you’ll meet David Pinto, one of Jamaica’s best-known potters; ride an ATV or dune buggy through part of the area to get a different perspective on the place; and see if you can conquer the challenge course — a grown-up jungle gym.
Ultimate Thrill Seekers option
With this option, prepare for a full day of fun and adventure. Every option is open to the Ultimate Thrill Seeker, so you’ll get the most out of this exciting and historic plantation and estate. In addition to the Thrill Seekers activities, enjoy the guided tour of the historic Good Hope Great House and take the horse-and-carriage ride around the grounds.