This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring more personal attention from your guide.
- Walking tour of Carmel with gourmet food and wine tastings
- Sample delicious chocolates, cheeses, olive oils, pizzas and wines at popular local restaurants and boutique shops
- Learn about Carmel’s history, culinary scene, culture and architecture from your enthusiastic insider guide
- All food and wine tastings included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people provides a more intimate experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I really love that this tour takes you to places off the beaten path and allows you to sample a delicious array of local foods and California wines. Plus the tour guide is a true foodie with a fabulous personality and a deep knowledge of Carmel history!
What You Can Expect
Visit local eateries and food shops to meet the owners and enjoy some gourmet tastings. Places you may visit include Anton & Michel, Casanova Restaurant, Terry's Lounge in the Historic Cypress Inn, La Bicyclette, Trio Carmel and Lula’s Chocolates.
Discover true Locavore-style preparations, olive oils and Balsamic vinegars. Indulge in a gnocchi appetizer at one of Carmel’s most popular and romantic restaurants, and savor artisanal pizzas. Try a cocktail pairing inside a swanky, historic lounge. Sip a selection of handcrafted wines and indulge your sweet tooth with locally made caramels and truffles. You’ll find that these various tasty bites add up to a very satisfying lunch!
Your Carmel food tour ends in the early afternoon, leaving you plenty of time to revisit the restaurants and shops later to experience more culinary delights.
Staci was terrific! Not only did we experience an excellent variety of restaurants with savory tastings, she includes some history surrounding Carmel during the tour. Don't miss it!
An enjoyable day with out of town guests, filling lunch along the way and pleasant guide. It is a well thought out tour and great Carmel experience.