- Independent bike tour of top Monterey attractions
- Use your 24-hour bike rental and detailed sightseeing map to discover Monterey’s spectacular coastline
- See famous Monterey Peninsula landmarks such as Cannery Row, Point Pinos Lighthouse, Asilomar Beach, the Lone Cypress and Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Ride at your own pace, stopping at scenic overlooks along the way to take photos
- Comfortable, 24-speed hybrid bikes and children’s bikes available
What You Can Expect
Set out on the bike path, noting points of interest including the Point Pinos Lighthouse, Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary and the memorial to singer John Denver near the spot where his private plane crashed into the Pacific. Stick to the route on your map or venture off the beaten path to explore Pacific Grove’s hilly side streets for a while.
Ride past the white sands and rocky shore of Asilomar Beach and enter 17-Mile Drive, a curvy route through an exclusive neighborhood with breathtaking views of the ocean. Linger at vista points to watch white spray shoot up from waves crashing into jagged rocks and spot seals and otters frolicking in the ocean. Cycle among countless cypress trees and stop to admire the beloved Lone Cypress, a centuries-old tree clinging to a narrow cliff.
See the legendary Pebble Beach Golf Links, considered one of the world’s most beautiful golf courses. If you’re up for more challenging terrain, continue to Carmel and visit the historic Carmel Mission. Bike back to your hotel and unwind from your active, scenic tour of Monterey’s unforgettable coast. Since your rental lasts 24 hours, you can keep your bike overnight and get in some additional riding the next day!