- Colonia day trip from Montevideo
- Explore the historic district of Colonia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Walk through the cobblestone streets and see unique colonial architecture
- Visit Colonia's wharf and downtown area, as well as Fernando´s Beach and Real de San Carlos, Colonia's former bullfighting arena
- Learn about the history of this vibrant city from your knowledgeable guide
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
As you explore cobblestone streets through Barrio Histórico, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed historic area of Colonia, admire the city's well-preserved colonial architecture and learn about the city’s interesting history. Originally founded by the Portuguese in the late 1600s, Colonia was later disputed over by the Spanish and was incorporated into Brazil in the early 1800s. Now part of Uruguay, Colonia's buildings in this historic area combine both Portuguese and Spanish influences.
Visit Real de San Carlos, the city’s former bullfighting arena that could hold up to 10,000 spectators. See Colonia's lighthouse, constructed in the mid-1800s on top of the ruins of the San Francisco Covenant.
Then, head over to Colonia's downtown area, filled with modern shops and restaurants. From here, you'll be able to see the port area of Uruguay, where ferries and cargo ships dock. Enjoy free time to stop for lunch (own expense) before heading to Fernando's Beach, where you’ll relax and take in gorgeous ocean views. After a full day of exploring, you’ll be taken back to your Montevideo hotel.