- Private Uruguay wine-tasting tour from Montevideo
- Enjoy private tours and 10 total tastings at two wineries
- Visit Bodega H Stagnari, known for its red wine made from tannat grapes, Uruguay’s signature grape
- Explore Bodega Bouza, a family-owned vineyard that produces merlot and chardonnay
- Learn about Uruguayan wine from your knowledgeable private guide
- Choose either a morning or afternoon departure time
Bodega H Stagnari is known for its tannat, a red wine grape that makes rich, bold wine. Learn about the winery’s long history of winemaking -- a family operation that has taken the winemakers to France and back -- as you tour the property with your guide, who is knowledgeable about Uruguay’s wine industry. You’ll then be walked through the wine-tasting process before enjoying five tastings of the winery’s varietals. Light snacks such as cheese, crackers, nuts and grapes will accompany your tasting.
Then, head to your second winery, Bodega Bouza, a family-owned winery that produces varietals like merlot, chardonnay and Albariño (a type of white grape). Take a private tour of the facilities, originally built in 1942 in the style of a French estate, and learn about Bouza’s winemaking process, and then enjoy another five tastings as you admire gorgeous pastoral views of the grapevines.
No need to worry about consuming too much wine, as you’ll be driven right back to your Montevideo hotel at the end of your tour!