- 2.5-hour food tour of Montreal's Little Italy neighborhood
- Explore Jean Talon Market, North America's largest outdoor market
- Sample local delicacies at specialty grocers, popular restaurants and food boutiques
- Taste pemmican (a dried meat), wild meat sausage, cannoli and more!
- Knowledgeable foodie guide
What You Can Expect
The highlight of your walking tour will be your visit to the world-famous Jean Talon Market. This market is the largest outdoor market in North America, and since 1934, it has been the ideal place to buy fresh local products, remarkable cheeses and meats from regional producers, flowers, gourmet cookbooks and so much more. You will be charmed by the wonderful smells and the vivid colors of the impressive fruit and vegetable stands.
In addition to the Jean Talon Market, you will visit popular restaurants and specialty grocery shops to sample local favorites such as cactus salad, wild meat sausage, cannoli, coffees and pemmican, a dried meat that natives made.
Along the way, your foodie guide will tell you all about the rich heritage of Italian Canadians and point out historical sites like the Madonna della Defesa (Our Lady of Protection) Church, Dante Park and the St Laurent Boulevard – the heart of Little Italy.