- Day trip from Montreal to Quebec City, the historic heart of French Canada
- See Place Royale, Notre Dame Basilica, the Parliament Building and the Plains of Abraham on a sightseeing tour
- Learn about Quebec City’s fascinating French-Canadian history from your knowledgeable guide
- Capture photos of magnificent Montmorency Falls, higher than Niagara Falls!
- Enjoy free time to wander through Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take a scenic cruise on the St Lawrence River (May through October only)
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 3D artworkPhoto by: Christopher F
- Not as grand as Niagara!Photo by: Evonne M P
- Quebec City at NightPhoto by: Anonymous
- Montreal,QC 2010 137Photo by: Alma Luz C
- Ceremonial guard at the ...Photo by: Steve J
USA, 08 2010
- View of Quebec City from tour ...Photo by: Steve J
USA, 08 2010
- Quebec CityPhoto by: Anonymous
- Montmorency FallsPhoto by: Judith C
USA, 06 2009
- Montmorency FallsPhoto by: Steve W
USA, 02 2009
- Botanique Garden FallPhoto by: Viktor B
USA, 08 2008
- Chateau FrontenacPhoto by: Mercedes H
Puerto Rico, 07 2008
- Quebec FrescoesPhoto by: Mercedes H
Puerto Rico, 07 2008
- INCONTOURNABLEPhoto by: JOEL M
- PanoramaPhoto by: JOEL M
- Les chutesPhoto by: JOEL M
- Déjà la magie de ...Photo by: JOEL M
- Les Chutes de MontmonrencyPhoto by: JOEL M
- Rue commerçantePhoto by: JOEL M
- InsolitePhoto by: JOEL M
- La vieille ville bassePhoto by: JOEL M
What You Can Expect
Get to know Québec City and its top attractions on this entertaining and educational guided sightseeing bus tour from Montreal. The full-day adventure begins with a downtown Montreal hotel pickup. Climb aboard a comfortable motor coach and enjoy the 2.5-hour journey to Québec City, with a live commentary of interesting facts and stories from an expert guide who knows this historic Canadian countryside inside and out.
Upon arrival in Québec City, learn about the past and present and get a glimpse into the future of this UNESCO World Heritage site, as the coach rolls along from one location to the next.
Explore Old Québec, the historic heart of French Canada and the capital of the province of Québec, with its narrow streets, stone buildings and European feel. Learn about the city's history and culture while rolling past attractions like the Fortifications of Québec, Citadelle of Québec, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church and many more.
Visit Place Royale, often referred to as the birthplace of French America, and the beautiful Plains of Abraham, where the famous Battle of Québec between the French and English armies took place in the Seven Years’ War in 1759. Also, enjoy views of picturesque Place d'Armes and take photos of the towering Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Canada’s most-beloved hotel.
Then follow Avenue Royale through the traditional villages and farms of the Beaupre Coast, approximately 15 minutes north of Québec City to visit Montmorency Falls, an 83-meter-high waterfall on the Montmorency River (it’s 30 meters higher than Niagara Falls).
After the tour, there will be ample time to explore Old Québec at leisure. Also, take an optional 1.5-hour cruise along the St. Lawrence River if visiting between May and October.
The tour ends with a return trip to Montreal and a hotel drop-off.
It was a very pleasant trip. Timeline was great, we did not feel rushed, and the driver Andrew was very friendly. Our tour guide, Roch, was very knowledgeable and described and narrated things in a very interesting and passionate way. I recommend this day trip to anyone just wanting a birdseye experience of beautiful Old Quebec City!
Great selection of places, enough free time in Quebec City and good guides.
Great experience! Quebec is a must to see.
Quebec City was very quaint. Many shopping and dinning opportunities. Would advise not to eat at Spag et Tini, as there are many more better choices in lower and upper city.
The time spent in Quebec City was wonderful. The guide Roch was excellent, switching between English and French very quickly and ensuring that everyone was fully informed. His tour of the upper city was very knowledgeable. The bus driver Richard was quite comical, although his attempts at humour were at times a bit of a stretch. The one suggestion that I would have is to give the bus xx901 a bit of an overhaul - our seat adjustments were not functioning properly and the seating was a bit cramped. I highly recommend the excursion itself.
It was a very enjoyable tour--on time, pleasant bus ride, interesting city with enough time to walk around on our own, a good guide, and reasonably priced.
The best! Love our guide, Katia. Love the City! Love the whole tour.
Very informative, well planned. Great bus operator and warm and friendly tour guide.
Great tour. The drive from Montreal to Quebec City takes about three hours, including a 20-min comfort stop. Quebec City is a charming town definitely worth the trip. Small group. The local guide Katia was informative and entertaining. Learned a lot about the history of Quebec.
The only thing I didn't like was the guide openly soliciting tips - tacky in my opinion.
Great way to do a day trip to Quebec City if you are in Montreal with limited time and no car. Great service and very polite people!