Visit the historic heart of French Canada on this day trip from Montreal to Quebec City. On your sightseeing tour, see famous landmarks including Place Royale, Notre Dame Basilica, the Parliament Building, Montmorency Falls and the Plains of Abraham as you explore quaint narrow streets filled with old-world charm, and learn about the city’s fascinating French-Canadian history from your guide. Enjoy free time to walk through Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and take a scenic cruise on the St Lawrence River during the months of May through October!
- Day trip from Montreal to Quebec City, the historic heart of French Canada
- See Place Royale, Notre Dame Basilica, the Parliament Building and the Plains of Abraham on a sightseeing tour
- Learn about Quebec City’s fascinating French-Canadian history from your knowledgeable guide
- Capture photos of magnificent Montmorency Falls, higher than Niagara Falls!
- Enjoy free time to wander through Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take a scenic cruise on the St Lawrence River (May through October only)
Recent Photos of This Tour
- 3D artworkPhoto by: Christopher F
- Not as grand as Niagara!Photo by: Evonne M P
- Quebec City at NightPhoto by: Anonymous
- Montreal,QC 2010 137Photo by: Alma Luz C
- Ceremonial guard at the ...Photo by: Steve J
USA, 08 2010
- View of Quebec City from tour ...Photo by: Steve J
USA, 08 2010
- Quebec CityPhoto by: Anonymous
- Montmorency FallsPhoto by: Judith C
USA, 06 2009
- Montmorency FallsPhoto by: Steve W
USA, 02 2009
- Botanique Garden FallPhoto by: Viktor B
USA, 08 2008
- Chateau FrontenacPhoto by: Mercedes H
Puerto Rico, 07 2008
- Quebec FrescoesPhoto by: Mercedes H
Puerto Rico, 07 2008
- INCONTOURNABLEPhoto by: JOEL M
- PanoramaPhoto by: JOEL M
- Les chutesPhoto by: JOEL M
- Déjà la magie de ...Photo by: JOEL M
- Les Chutes de MontmonrencyPhoto by: JOEL M
- Rue commerçantePhoto by: JOEL M
- InsolitePhoto by: JOEL M
- La vieille ville bassePhoto by: JOEL M
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Montreal hotel, you’ll be taken 2.5 hours northeast by coach to Quebec City, the historic heart of French Canada located on the St Lawrence River. The oldest settlement in North America, this capital city’s charming narrow streets and quaint neighborhoods are steeped in fascinating history.
On your sightseeing tour, your knowledgeable local guide will explain the history of Quebec City, which was founded as a fort by the French in the 1500s. Pass famous landmarks and historical treasures including picturesque Place Royale, Notre Dame Basilica, the Parliament Building, Ile d'Orleans and the Plains of Abraham, where the famous battle between the French and English took place in 1759.
Visit the oldest quarter in North America, the Petit Champlain district, and admire views of Montmorency Falls, an incredible waterfall and emblem of the city seated between the Montmorency River and the St Lawrence River. This magnificent natural gem is taller than Niagara Falls!
Enjoy free time after your tour to explore Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During the months of May through October, you can choose to take a scenic 1.5-hour cruise on the St Lawrence River during your free time!
Your tour ends with drop-off at your Montreal hotel.
I highly recommend doing this if you are in Montreal and want to experience Quebec City. but not spend the night The tour guide was very knowledgeable and responsive, and friendly. I also did the river cruise but honestly if you want to have the max amount of time to explore the Old City, I would skip the river cruise as you see most of what you see on the bus tour on the cruise only had an hr for exploration afterwards. I am definitely going to do this again with friends when I go back to Montreal!
The tour was awesome! I highly recommend it. I would only change one thing - the stop by Montmorency Falls could be longer than just 10 minutes..
The driver was prompt picking us up at our hotel. The bus was comfortable and the driver, very nice. Our tour guide was fantastic. The trip was everything we hoped it would be. I would highly recommend this trip. Quebec on Halloween was magical.
Excellent service! Thank you guys ....
A great trip with a fun driver and knowledgeable guide. We learned so much and got to see everything we'd hoped to. Could have done with a little more free time or an actual stop at the Plains of Abraham.
What a GREAT day! Andre the driver was amazing and the Katia the tour guide was totally fabulous!
Was one of the best tours we have been on. The tour guide was very good, and provided us with alot of information.
The tour was lots of fun. It was also well organized and comfortable. The driver was great as was our tour guide in Quebec. She shared lots of local information about Quebec with us. I was very impressed with your services and had a very relaxing and enjoyable trip.
Excellent trip. Everything went according to plan.
Amazing trip to Quebec City. The tour guide there was great. The amount of time to explore the city was perfect. I would do this again in a heartbeat.