- Private tour from Moscow to the medieval towns of the Golden Ring
- Visit the two most charming towns of the Golden Ring: Vladimir and Suzdal
- Explore Vladimir’s Assumption Cathedral and the Cathedral of St Dmitry
- Walk around the ramparts of Suzdal Kremlin while learning about the town’s history and culture
- Tour the open-air Museum of Wooden Architecture and Peasant Life, and the Museum of Crystal Glass
- Enjoy personalized attention from an expert private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
What You Can Expect
After traveling for roughly three hours, stop in your first Golden Ring town of the day: the historical settlement of Vladimir. Stretch your legs on a walking tour, hearing the history of the town once known as the capital of Rus. Head inside its star attraction, the regal-looking Assumption Cathedral (once Russia’s main cathedral), and admire treasures like Rublyov’s The Last Judgement frescoes, and then stroll over to the equally enchanting Cathedral of St Dmitry. Its exterior walls are its main attraction – adorned in incredible stone carvings.
Take a stroll around the town, admiring monuments like the Golden Gate, and then return to your coach for the short journey north to Suzdal. Stop for lunch (own expense) at a Russian restaurant called Traktir in the town, and then head out to explore Suzdal. Walk around the ramparts of Suzdal’s Kremlin, and hear little-known facts about the town’s history and culture, learning how it was once a favorite town of the Soviet government.
Besides Suzdal’s fine architecture, the town boasts several world-class museums, too. Pay a visit to the open-air Museum of Wooden Architecture and Peasant Life to see wooden houses, barns, windmills and churches – all built without using a single nail. Then, head inside the Museum of Crystal Glass to see a collection of Gus-Crystalny’s glass designs. Learn about the craft of glass blowing the area, and admire exquisite Russian jewellery boxes.
After exploring Suzdal, learning all about its culture, history and architecture, return to your minibus for the journey back to Moscow. Your tour ends around 10pm in the evening back at the start point.