- Private day trip to the Central Air Force Museum in Monino
- See more than 170 different aircrafts, including helicopters and airplanes
- Stop for photos in front of Ilya Muromets, the largest aircraft of the 20th century
- Hear about the aircrafts that were used in the Cold War and see spy equipment too
- Many Russian museums don’t allow photos to be taken inside but your entrance ticket has a special ‘photo permission'
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
What You Can Expect
On arrival, head straight in and start exploring with your guide – a translator. Many Russian museums don’t allow photos to be taken inside, but your entrance ticket has a special photo permission, meaning you can snap as many photos of vintage air planes and helicopters as you like!
The most interesting part of the museum is a section dedicated to aircraft from the time of the Cold War – planes that impressed and frightened most of the world at the time. See Ilya Muromets, the largest aircraft of the 20th century, and Tupolev-144 – a Soviet-era SST (Supersonic Transport Aircraft). Hear tales from your pilot guide about the days when these planes were used and see Cold War-era spy equipment and artefacts, too.
After your walking tour, enjoy some free time inside the Central Air Force Museum to explore at your own pace. Besides the aircraft and artefacts on show, the museum is also home to a large library, showing films (with English subtitles) about the planes.
Return to your minibus at the pre-arranged time, and return to central Moscow with your driver. Your tour ends back at your Moscow hotel.