Depart Mount Cook village in the afternoon and travel down the western side of Lake Pukaki at the foot of New Zealand's tallest mountain, Mount Cook.
- Half-day tour, Mount Cook to Queenstown
- See spectacular scenery of the Mackenzie Basin
- Stop at Omarama for afternoon tea (own expense)
- See the mirror lake of Lake Dustan
- Travel along the winding Kawarau River Gorge
What You Can Expect
Set off to Queenstown in a luxury coach, enjoying the commentary from your local driver guide as you travel south. Travel through rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin. Skirting the shores of Lake Dunstan, your tour crosses the Lindis Pass into Omarama for afternoon tea (own expense).
Relax as you take in the spectacular scenery that changes from rugged ranges and mirror lakes to the winding Kawarau River Gorge, before emerging into the lush green farmland surrounding your destination of Queenstown, where you will be transferred to your hotel.