- 4-hour street food tour in Mumbai
- Discover Mumbai’s culinary fare with classic street cuisine
- Sample 8 to 10 snacks, beverages and desserts
- Enjoy tasty treats around Mohammed Ali Road and Chowpatty Beach
- Stop by food stalls at Bhendi Bazaar and a Muslim mosque
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
After meeting your guide in South Mumbai at Churchgate railway station, set out for Chowpatty Beach to sample vegetarian favorites like pav bhaji (a spicy vegetable curry) and bhel puri (a crunchy snack with puffed rice, vegetables and tangy tamarind sauce).
Next up, discover the busy food stalls along Mohammed Ali Road, which has a reputation as a foodie heaven. You’ll see a variety of meat cuts sizzling on streetside grills, all tended by vendors who specialize in specific dishes.
Stroll through the bustling alleys near Minara Masjid, the epicenter of the city’s Ramadan celebrations and one of Mumbai’s many mosques. Then take in the labyrinthine Bhendi Bazaar, a market in the historically Muslim neighborhood, and hear from your guide about the multi-million dollar redevelopment plan proposed for the area.
Towards the end of your walking tour, satisfy your sweet tooth at a shop that was established more than a century ago. Sample hand-churned ice cream in unfamiliar flavors or nibble a bright-orange jalebi (a deep-fried sweet soaked in syrup).
Expect to walk at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops for samples and photo ops, the perfect way to explore the world of Mumbai street food.