Book before July 31, 2014, and travel before September 30, 2014 and save up to 20%!
- Full-day private tour to ancient Indian rock-cut caves from Mumbai
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Mumbai and explore India's less-traveled wonders with your own private guide
- Choose from three stunning cave complexes: Elephanta Caves, Kanheri Caves or both Karla Caves and Bhaja Caves
- Learn about the history of Indian rock-cut architecture, one of the oldest styles of religious architecture
- Delight in a traditional Indian lunch at a popular local restaurant (depending on tour selected)
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Kanheri Caves - Amazing!!! 109 caves - carvings all done by hand in BC times. My tour guide Tom B was very informative. He told me the meaning of several of the carvings and what certain caves would be used for. Very easy walk, not strenuous at all.
UNESCO World Heritage Site--these caves with their beautiful wall-relief carvings are beautiful and unique. Guide was very knowledgeable and that is crucial. Tour company was somewhat lackluster in their organization skills but that was more than made up by the guides who are eager to please. I recommend this tour.