- Private tour of Mumbai’s top architectural landmarks
- Browse an impressive collection of art and archeological artifacts in the Prince of Wales Museum
- Visit the Gateway of India, the ‘Taj Mahal of Mumbai,’ and admire its mix of Hindu and Muslim architectural styles
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus boasting dramatic Gothic Revival and traditional Indian architecture
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the Gateway of India. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, this monument serves as a commemoration of British colonialism in India. Admire the combination of Hindu and Muslim architectural styles of the 85-foot high (26-meter) basalt arch gateway and learn how this was once a jetty for the fishing community but was later renovated and used as a landing place for British governors.
At any point during your tour, your guide will happily recommend great local restaurants or cafés for you to enjoy some authentic Indian food (own expense). Before returning to your hotel, you’ll drive past the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, a 19th-century railway station renowned for its advanced architecture.
Learn how this UNESCO World Heritage Site, formerly named Victoria Terminus in honor of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1887, was the region's most expensive building during that era. Your guide will point out the dramatic fusion of Gothic Revival architecture and traditional Indian palace architecture as you admire the intricate wood carvings and ornamental iron and brass railings, turrets and grand staircases.