- 3-hour beer tour at Munich’s Paulaner Brewery
- Learn about Germany’s beer culture, including Oktoberfest
- Find out what goes into beer and how it was regulated by the 1516 Bavarian Purity Law
- Tour Paulaner Brewery and see its beer-making facilities, including the fermenting tanks and malting towers
- Meet master brewers, who will tell you about the history of brewing lager at Paulaner
- Enjoy a beer sample and light snacks
When you arrive, meet experienced brewmasters who will tell you all about Paulaner’s history of brewing and Germany’s beer culture. Learn how the beer is brewed according to the original Bavarian ‘Order of Purity,’ which follows the Bavarian Purity Law enacted in 1516 by Duke Wilhelm IV of Bavaria. This law ended ‘experimenting’ with ingredients and ensured that what went into beer was simple and restricted – only barley, hops, water and yeast.
Take a guided tour of the brewery to see its malting towers, brewhouse, fermenting tanks, beer cellars and wells. Then you’ll finally get what you’ve been waiting for – a beer tasting! While you sample the Paulaner beer, you’ll also enjoy a fresh Bavarian pretzel.