- Combined Ettal Monastery and Zugspitze day tour from Munich
- Visit 14th-century Ettal Monastery
- Cable-car ride up the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain
- Mountain-top views of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy
- Ride the Zugspitzbahn cogwheel train
Recent Photos of this Tour
Ettal MonasteryPhoto by: Nancy CUSA, 08 2010
ZugspitzePhoto by: Nancy CUSA, 08 2010
Top of Germany - Zugspitze!Photo by: David FBermuda, 06 2010
Adventure in German AlpsPhoto by: David FBermuda, 06 2010
Inside church on top of ...Photo by: David FBermuda, 06 2010
Inside Ettal MonasteryPhoto by: David FBermuda, 06 2010
Our guide to ZugspitzePhoto by: David FBermuda, 06 2010
After your visit of the monastery, you will head to the highest peak in Germany, the Zugspitze which soars to 9,788 feet (2,962 meters). From Eibsee, you take the cable car to the summit of the mountain where, on a clear day, you can see the peaks of hundreds of Bavarian Alps mountains in Austria, Switzerland and Italy.
After you have enjoyed the panoramic views from the observation platform, you will descend the mountain onboard the Zugspitzbahn, a cogwheel train.