- 2.5-hour Munich and the Third Reich walking tour with an expert guide
- Learn how Munich saw the rise of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis in the 1920s and 1930s
- See streets and buildings where Hitler fought his way to power and gave speeches
- View beer-halls where Nazi fanatics gathered and sites linked to the 1938 anti-Semitic pogrom of Kristallnacht
- Visit memorials to those who died opposing the hate-filled Nazi ideology
- Hear about the Nazi propaganda machine and lead-up to World War II from an informed guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Third Reich Walking Tour, ...Photo by: Thomas W
USA, 06 2010
- Former Gestapo Headquarters ...Photo by: Thomas W
USA, 06 2010
- Mid tour in MunichPhoto by: Bethany K
- Nazi Party HeadquartersPhoto by: dmccullo
USA, 11 2015
- Hofbrau HausPhoto by: Suzanne T
- Interior of beer hall in ...Photo by: Jennifer N
- Plaque noting the Nazi Partys ...Photo by: Jennifer N
- The irony was Hitler giving ...Photo by: Mike D
- I saw nothingPhoto by: robert c
- 'Tirta Ganga' water palacePhoto by: satish chandra
India, 11 2014
- Dodger's Ally memorialPhoto by: GERALD W
- FeldernnhallePhoto by: GERALD W
- Hofbrauhaus CeilingPhoto by: GERALD W
- Monument to the Horrors of ...Photo by: Rick V
USA, 10 2014
- Bavarian Military Museum ...Photo by: Rick V
USA, 10 2014
- Federnhalle MunchenPhoto by: Alessandro N
- Konnig PlatzPhoto by: Henri
- Neues RathausPhoto by: Henri
- The Eternal FlamePhoto by: Eli V
Israel, 06 2010
- Me and the soliderPhoto by: Eli V
Israel, 06 2010
What You Can Expect
In a unique and fascinating tour, our dedicated guide will open up this hidden history for you. We'll show you the beer-halls which hosted the first small gatherings of the fanatics who one day would lead the Third Reich, and the place where Hitler made his first major speeches. We'll walk you through the streets where Hitler and his brownshirts fought their way to power.
The irony is that while much of central Munich was devastated by Allied bombing, many Nazi buildings survived and still stand today. Standing alongside them are memorials to the city's many victims of Nazism, including those who sacrificed their lives in opposing its hateful ideology. We'll show you all these sites and give you the story.
This is an excellent tour, many places were shown to us and pointed out that we would not have otherwise known. Very informative!
Great guide, interesting history. The sites are not as exciting as the stories. Recommend for any history buff or just wanting to understand how Hitler managed to come to power.
Really interesting tour! Our guide Craig was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour is a great way to discover Munich: the city, the monuments and the history. I highly recommend it!
An excellent, alternative tour of Munich for the historically curious visitor. Very knowledgable tour guide and a very comprehensive overview of the the rise of the Nazi Regime from the streets of Munich.
Excellent tour. Our guide Mark was very polite and knowledgeable.
He made a trip very interesting.
TOUR GUIDE WAS EXCELLENT!!! Energetic and knowledgeable - We made the most out of one day stop in Vienna. Without a tour guide, we would have missed the story behind the buildings. Hitler and the Third Reich Munich Walking Tour allowed us to fully experience the buildings and sites visited.
Excellent tour guide. A fascinating look at places, buildings and monuments seen on previous trips through an entirely new lens.
This was a very good tour our guide, Keith, was excellent as well as being very personable.
Jeff was an engaging and well-informed guide who made the history come alive. Highly recommend this tour.
Many thanks to Steve the tour guide. This was an alternative view of Munich delivered in an entertaining way through a captivating story. The use of photos to recreate the moment at key spots on the tour really left me in that moment in history. Well done Steve, you have a real talent.