- Food walking tour of Old Town Munich
- Enjoy some of the best Bavarian food specialties as you stroll through the quaint streets
- Visit the famous 200-year-old Viktualienmarkt food market and try its mouthwatering specialties including cheese, sausage and dessert
- Stop by a traditional Bavarian restaurant
- Led by a knowledgeable guide in traditional Bavarian dress
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Sample delicious Bavarian specialties at the bustling and colorful food market -- my favorite is the obatzda cheese spread. The stop at a Bavarian restaurant gives you a chance to rest from walking with a well-deserved beer!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Munich is famous for its traditional, mouth-watering foods. While exploring the city, walk to the Viktualienmarkt local food market, which has been supplying Munich with high-quality food and drinks for 200 years. Enjoy samples of delicious specialties such as obatzda, a traditional soft-cheese dish composed of Camembert and butter, seasoned with paprika and other peppers; weisswurst, a seasoned white veal sausage accompanied with a pretzel and sweet mustard; and auszogne, a freshly prepared typical Bavarian dessert of fried dough pastry smothered in sugar.
After your samplings, visit a vintage local restaurant. Here, you can feast from a Bavarian food platter and a selection of traditional southern German sausages. Your knowledgeable guide, dressed in traditional German attire, will share the history and amusing stories behind local cuisine as you enjoy the fare. Once you’ve had your fill, your guide will escort you back to the departure point to end your tour.