- Munich combo – two popular tours for one discounted price!
- Tour Munich independently on a hop-on hop-off tour by open-top, double-decker bus
- See top attractions like the Viktualien market, Marienplatz, Hofbrauhaus and Frauenkirche
- Hop on and off whenever you like at any of the six stops
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at Munich’s renowned Paulaner Brewery
- Learn about the art of German beer-making from master brewers and enjoy a sample of beer!
Travel by open-air double-decker buses to see the best of Munich at your own pace! Hop on a bus at any of the six stops to discover the city’s highlights independently, giving you the flexibility to see what interests you and continue your tour whenever you’re ready. See such renowned sights as the Pinakothek art galleries, the world-famous Hofbrauhaus (beer hall), the National Theatre, the Viktualien market with its colorful outdoor stalls, and city squares like Marienplatz, Odeonsplatz and Max-Joseph-Platz.
A non-stop route takes one hour; the buses run every 20 minutes from 9am to 2pm, the perfect time to take a break before your afternoon tour begins!
Behind-the-Scenes Paulaner Brewery and Beer Tour:
Meet your guide in central Munich at 3:30, and then head by coach to Paulaner Brewery, which produces one of Germany’s best-selling beers and is a favorite at Oktoberfest.
When you arrive, meet experienced brewmasters who will tell you all about Paulaner’s history of brewing and Germany’s beer culture. Learn how the beer is brewed according to the original Bavarian ‘Order of Purity,’ which follows the Bavarian Purity Law enacted in 1516 by Duke Wilhelm IV of Bavaria. This law ended ‘experimenting’ with ingredients and ensured that what went into beer was simple and restricted – only barley, hops, water and yeast.
Take a guided tour of the brewery to see its malting towers, brewhouse, fermenting tanks, beer cellars and wells. Then you’ll finally get what you’ve been waiting for – a beer tasting! While you sample the Paulaner beer, you’ll also enjoy a fresh Bavarian pretzel. You’ll then be driven back by coach to the central Munich departure point.
The brewery tour is 3 hours.
- Hauptbahnhof (main train station, in front of the department store Karstadt)
- Alte Pinakothek (‘Old’ Pinakothek art museum)
- Max-Joseph-Platz: National Theatre opera house; Munich Residence Museum and Treasury
- Marienplatz: New Town Hall; Old Town Hall; Frauenkirche (Cathedral of Our Lady); Church of St Peter; New Jewish Cultural Centre;
- Viktualienmarkt (open-air food market); Hofbrauhaus (beer hall)
- Karlsplatz (Stachus): fountain; pedestrian zone and shopping area