- Two day trips from Munich with 10% savings
- Visit Salzburg and drive through the Lake District
- Tour Salzburg at your own pace and see top attractions like Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart Square and Mirabell Gardens (featured in The Sound of Music)
- Drive past Lake Mondsee and visit Lake Wolfgangsee, where you can take an optional boat ride
- Discover the famous Romantic Road, which winds past castles and medieval villages
- Explore two Bavarian towns – Harburg and Rothenburg – at your own pace
- Admire Rothenburg’s well-preserved medieval sights like St Jakob's Church
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Just wonderful ...our guide was excellent and could manage our demands on time with the places that she wanted to show us very adroitly.
Salzburg was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the boat ride at the end of the day. It was a final touch to an already wonderful day. The romantic road tour was also a good experience. I really enjoyed the castle on the way to Rothenburg.
Our guides and drivers were great, particularly Elisabeth. Both the lake and Rothenburg were beautiful as always
Highly recommended visit to Rothenburg a very well preserved medieval town.
The trip to Salzburg and Wolgangsee lake and the additional boat trip were also very interrsting with excellent views.
The transportation in coach was fine as the guides on board
Salzburg and Lake District day trip brought us through stunning views of the alps and the lakes! Our guide was very informative and made the experience a very pleasant one for us.
Our guide on the Romantic Road and Rothenberg day trip was quite elderly and he kept repeating the same information during the journey. However, we had a good time interacting with him when he took some of us to the city walls during the free and easy time. We enjoyed his guided walk to the city walls.
Rothenburg alone is worth the price of the trip. It is beautiful. Salzburg and the boat ride on Lake Wolfgang are also beautiful. The hills are certainly alive in Austria.
Salzburg was a fairy tale city, and Rothenburg was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend this tour.
Lovely day trip. The drive was beautiful. It was interesting to see the Sound of Music sights .Its a easy walk to see all of the sites in town but a long walk back to the bus. We really enjoyed the boat ride, don't miss it! Our tour guide played the Movie on the bus as we drove back. A nice touch! Next day- Trip to Rothenburg which was wonderful! Loved walking around the old medieval town, well worth the trip. The Christmas store was great! Spent a hour looking at all the ornaments! Note: print out two vouchers, they need a paper copy to board the bus each day.
Well thought out and gave us enough time to explore on our own with recommendations of where to go.