- Full-day trip to Nuremberg from Munich
- Learn about the history of the Third Reich and the Holy Roman Empire from your knowledgeable guide
- Hear stories about the birthplace of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nations and the history of WWII
- See historical sites like Nuremberg Castle (Kaiserburg) and the monumental Nazi structures
- Enjoy some free time to walk around Nuremberg's old town and have lunch
- Visit the Nuremberg Christmas Markets (Christkindlesmarkt) when traveling in the month of December
- Travel by luxury, air-conditioned coach
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
But it hasn’t always been so safe -- initially a beautiful medieval town and one of Germany's oldest Jewish communities, Nuremberg has been a center of politics for centuries. Learn about the city’s history of empires from your expert guide: often referred to as the unofficial birthplace and capital of the Holy Roman Empire, Nuremberg was also the preferred residence of German Emperors in the Middle Ages.
When Adolf Hitler came to power, Nuremberg became the heart of Nazi rule, home to the Nazi leaders and center of anti-Semitic propaganda. As you tour the city, discover how at the end of WWII the city became famous for the Nuremberg trials of Nazi officials for war crimes and against humanity.
Although bombed in WWII, the medieval city center’s buildings have been reconstructed and restored, replicating many medieval buildings using the original stones.
Visit the old town and grab lunch at any of the many restaurants (own expense) before seeing the main sights of Nuremberg with your guide, such as St Lorenz church, the romantic half-timbered houses in the castle quarter, the majestic Nuremberg Castle and the impressive 3-mile (5-km) historic city wall from the 15th century.
Should you visit Nuremberg between November 25th and December 24th, you may also visit the Nuremberg Christmas Markets (Christkindlesmarkt)! The Christmas Markets in Nuremberg feature nearly 200 beautiful wooden stalls decorated in red and white cloth and bearing handmade gifts and baked goods. Shop at leisure and sample the famous Nuremberg sausages before returning to Munich.
The tour was fantastic. I had a wonderful time learning about Munich, Bavaria, Nuremberg, the Third Reich, the Roman Empire, etc.....
A beautiful city, full of history and more recently made notorious for it being the venue for the early 3rd Reich rallies.
A great tour made extra special by our very knowledgable guide, Ursula and our driver, Ugo. Thank you!