- Royal castles overnight tour from Munich
- Tour King Ludwig II's castles at your own pace
- One-hour visit to Linderhof Hunting Lodge
- Neuschwanstein Castle - the model for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Guided tour of Hohenschwangau Castle, where Ludwig lived as a boy
- Independent multi-day package with transport, transfers, tours and 1 night's accommodation
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The hotel on this tour is beautiful and located right at the foot of the 'Disney castle' Neuschwanstein. Be sure to get some pictures of Neuschwanstein from the bridge overlooking the castle!
What You Can Expect
See the royal castles of Germany at your own pace. This independent multi-day package is a combination of guaranteed scheduled coach services with additional features like transfers, hotel accommodation and sightseeing tours. Please read the itinerary below for full details.
Leave Munich in the morning and head for Linderhof Castle for a visit of approximately one hour (time does not allow to visit the Moorish pavilion and grotto). Enjoy a short stop in Oberammergau before getting to Hohenschwangau. Your tour guide will provide you with the entrance tickets to Linderhof and Neuschwanstein castles. Upon arrival in Hohenschwangau, please check into your hotel before visiting Neuschwanstein, the famous Cinderella Castle, built by King Ludwig II.
Overnight: H. Mueller or similar.
Day 2: Hohenschwangau - Munich (B)
In the morning deposit your luggage at the hotel reception (at your own risk) and pick up your entrance tickets for the Hohenschwangau Castle at your front desk hotel. Enjoy a guided tour of the castle where the parents of King Ludwig ll lived. The rest of day is at your leisure. In the late afternoon proceed to Munich, where your tour ends at approx. 7:00pm.