- Book and save 20% compared to the local supplier's price for travel between May 11, 2015 and June 11, 2015
- Linderhof and Oberammergau day tour from Munich
- 2-hour visit to King Ludwig's Linderhof hunting lodge
- Extended visit to see Linderhof's grotto and the Moorish pavilion
- Sightseeing and shopping in Oberammergau, famous site of the Passion Play
- Professional guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's the only tour that allows you plenty of time to stroll around the Rococo-style Linderhof Castle's enchanting grotto. And in Oberammergau, you'll be blown away by the intricate paintings on the houses.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
You will then travel to Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play. During the Thirty Years War, after months of suffering and death from the plague, the people of Oberammergau swore an oath to perform the "Play of the Suffering, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ" every ten years. This tradition has been preserved since then, and the next Passion Play will be performed in 2020.
You will have time for sightseeing and shopping in Oberammergau, before returning to Munich.
THIS WAS A GREEAT TRIP
A real treat. The Linderhof Castle was great to see. So unlike King Ludwig II's other castles. Beautiful grounds and other amenities. Oberammergau was delightful. Not enough time to explore it however. Also we were there on a Sunday so most of the stores and shops were closed. Very picturesque.