Take a day trip to the home town of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a guided full day rail tour from Munich to Salzburg. Considered one of the jewels in the crown of Europe, the city of Salzburg has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, framed by the majestic backdrop of the snow-capped Alps and famed for its old world glamor.
- Small-group Salzburg day tour from Munich
- Personalized small group and commentary (maximum 25 people)
- 1.5-hour guided orientation tour of Salzburg's Mozart and The Sound of Music sites
- Domkirche Cathedral and Festung Hohensalzburg fortress
- Three hours to explore Salzburg at your own pace
- Return train tickets to Salzburg
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There's more to Salzburg than The Sound of Music, and you'll have several free hours to explore this lovely city's many charms. Shop at Old Town, take in the views from Salzburg Fortress and make sure to sample some apple strudel!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- SalzburgPhoto by: Polly
- Overlooking SalzburgPhoto by: Polly
- Salzburg medieval fortressPhoto by: Mallory Jade E
- Palace Gardens in SalzburgPhoto by: Arek K
- SalzburgPhoto by: Amanda C
USA, 04 2009
- Garden of Mirabel PalacePhoto by: REYNALDO M
- sad reminder of the pastPhoto by: Valerie D
- EL PUENTE DEL AMORPhoto by: JOSE R
- MOZARTPhoto by: JOSE R
- FUENTEPhoto by: JOSE R
- SALZBURGOPhoto by: JOSE R
- Saludos desde Salzburgo!!!Photo by: Virginia G
- la fuente y los jardines son ...Photo by: Virginia G
- Overlooking SalzburgPhoto by: Kathleen H
- The train to SalzburgPhoto by: Bethany H
- Main street of RothenburgPhoto by: Jane O
- Tirta Ganga Water palacePhoto by: satish chandra
India, 11 2014
- Royal Karangasem PalacePhoto by: satish chandra
India, 11 2014
- Photo of Satzburg from the ...Photo by: Kathy
- A great view of the riverPhoto by: Muyuan M
What You Can Expect
Salzburg is also one of the most popular movie tourism destinations in the world for one simple reason, The Sound of Music. With a small group (maximum 25 people), you will see sights you'll remember from the silver screen. Salzburg is one of the finest preserved medieval old towns in Europe, criss-crossed with winding streets and venerable market places and adorned with architectural monuments of the later baroque era. Piazzas and fountains, the stunning Domkirche Cathedral, palaces, gardens, churches, monasteries, confectioneries and patisseries. And towering above it all, the breathtaking 900 year old fortress Festung Hohensalzburg, the magnificent edifice that dominates the city's skyline.
Your expert guide will bring you on a train ride from Munich to Austria and back again and put their knowledge of the city and what is best to see and do at your service. We'll provide you with a map and give you a 1.5-hour orientation tour through the major sites. You'll then have three hours to explore the city for yourself before the return journey. We have the inside knowledge of what to see and where to go and are dedicated to helping you experience the city by the most convenient and most efficient means.
The journey to Salzburg takes approximately two hours by train. Germany's rail system is world renowned and this journey to the Alps is no exception. Trains are clean, comfortable and equipped with washrooms and snack bars. Feel free to walk around and chat to your fellow travelers as well as your guide, who can answer any questions about Munich and Bavaria.
Salzburg is such a small city that you can easily see it in a day. The train ride through the Bavarian countryside on the way to Salzburg was neat. Our tour guide, Yolanda, had a great knowledge of the city and its secrets, and the best places to visit.
Very informational tour guide beautiful city, and every thing on time.
United States of ...
I loved this tour! Such a great time, absolutely amazing little city!
United States of America
Our tour guide, Lucia, was amazing. Not only was she very informative but also very funny which made our trip very enjoyable. I'm would definitely suggest this tour.
Loved our guide Lucia. She was knowledgeable and fun. The sites were beautiful. Highly recommend it.
Our tour guide, Maxine Ryder is a gem. She is smart and intelligent. We learnt a lot from her.
We really enjoyed our tour. Salzburg was one of our favorite stops in Europe.
Excellent Tour and very knowledgeable guide.
It is the perfect trip for a Sunday when everything in Munich is closed.
Zalzburg is great as expected. Jeff was wonderful and very knowledjeable
Lovely trip, good introductory to the city of Salzburg, and definitely creating the urge to revisit back this city in the future.
Susan was our tour guide for that day, and she was great! informative, entertaining, and genuinely cares for the tour. We asked points of interest that's probably out of the trip coverage, and she told us what's worth doing and a lot more. We had some hick-ups returning to Munich that day due to refugee problems, but Susan reassured the group, and guided us back smoothly.
Overall, I would recommend this trip to anyone who's interested to take part in the tour, if you are curious about Salzburg, or if you simply love Sound of Music/Mozarts.