- Small-group Salzburg day tour from Munich
- Personalized small group and commentary (maximum 25 people)
- 1.5-hour guided orientation tour of Salzburg's Mozart and The Sound of Music sites
- Domkirche Cathedral and Festung Hohensalzburg fortress
- Three hours to explore Salzburg at your own pace
- Return train tickets to Salzburg
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There's more to Salzburg than The Sound of Music, and you'll have several free hours to explore this lovely city's many charms. Shop at Old Town, take in the views from Salzburg Fortress and make sure to sample some apple strudel.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- SalzburgPhoto by: Polly
- Overlooking SalzburgPhoto by: Polly
- Salzburg medieval fortressPhoto by: Mallory Jade E
- Palace Gardens in SalzburgPhoto by: Arek K
- SalzburgPhoto by: Amanda C
USA, 04 2009
- Mirabell Garden in SalzburgPhoto by: Brad
- Salzburg Nockerl not sure ...Photo by: Michael E
- On top of Museum of Modern ...Photo by: Michael E
- churchPhoto by: Michael E
- fine chocolatesPhoto by: Michael E
- Coronation of MaryPhoto by: Michael E
- Garden of Mirabel PalacePhoto by: REYNALDO M
- sad reminder of the pastPhoto by: Valerie D
- EL PUENTE DEL AMORPhoto by: JOSE R
- MOZARTPhoto by: JOSE R
- FUENTEPhoto by: JOSE R
- SALZBURGOPhoto by: JOSE R
- Saludos desde Salzburgo!!!Photo by: Virginia G
- la fuente y los jardines son ...Photo by: Virginia G
- Overlooking SalzburgPhoto by: Kathleen H
What You Can Expect
You’ll arrive in Salzburg by mid-morning, and your introduction begins with a 1.5-hour walking tour. With your city map in hand, follow your guide for a stroll through this UNESCO-listed city. Admire baroque-era architecture and visit castles, churches, monasteries, gorgeous piazzas and more. Ask questions and snap photos along the way.
After your guided tour, break off from the group for three hours of independent exploring. Plot your trip through the preserved medieval town, wandering along picturesque lanes to see sites like Domkirche Cathedral, the magnificent Festung Hohensalzburg, and Mirabell Garden and Palace, the setting for the classic ‘Do-Re-Mi’ scene from The Sound of Music (admission not included). You’ll have plenty of time to sightsee, souvenir shop and explore local boutiques and eateries.
At the end of your Salzburg walking tour, head to the train station for the return ride to Munich. You’ll arrive back at the departure point in the evening.
This tour was amazing!
Fun tour, fun guide. Totally worth it.
Great tour. Our guide, Craig, was AMAZING!
This is a wonderful day trip. Scheduling was easy with daily departures from the Munich Central Train station. The tour guide was very courteous and knowledgeable of the Salzburg area and history and was able to make recommendations on food and locations where we might find very specific local novelties. On the tour, you'll see all of the key tourist attractions plus enjoy a wonderful train ride to and from Munich. Plan on lots of walking around the city. One final note, our guide Ardit, was great and a good representative for Viator. I look forward to our next visit and plan on booking another trip with them.
I really enjoyed this trip! The tour guide was very knowledgeable about Salzburg's history, culture, and main sites. The tour was well organized and informative. I just wish we had more time to explore the city on our own. After the walking tour, we were given about 3 hours of free time. Salzburg is a small city, but you need more time than that to take in all the sites. Overall, this was a great preview of Salzburg. It only made me want to go back!
This trip was great. Must see the fortress Hohensalzburg on your free time. Salzburg is a beautiful city. Jeff was a great tour guide!
This was a great way to get to Salzburg. Our tour guide Jeff was very nice and informative. It was fun to hear commentary from him on the train ride down there. He gave us a nice overview of the city and then it was great to have free time to do whatever we chose. It made it easy to get back and forth on the train for novices. He was also very helpful with other information regarding transportation, etc around Munich. I would totally recommend this trip
another simply brilliant place to visit, especially if you are into music, full of history. the train trip was very pleasant as well. an excellent days outing.
Spectacular views, delicious treats, history, architecture, friendliness of locals and much more. Ich liebe Salzburg! 3 I wish I could go back right away, because there is a lot to take in. Everything went as smoothly and wonderfully as expected. Our guide took care of us with incredible professionalism, cheerfulness and patience. She obviously enjoys people, with all our differences and backgrounds. Her knowledge of minute details in every area was extremely impressive.
I'll never forget you, Lucia P. : Thank you for everything.
Ian was our tour guide. He did such an excellent job. This is such a great city to visit.