- 4-hour Muscat sightseeing shore excursion, led by a private guide
- Visit the Grand Mosque and admire its lavish interior features
- Discover Muttrah Fish Market and Muttrah Souk on a stroll along the corniche
- Explore Muscat Old Town and see Portuguese fortresses like Al-Jalali Fort and Al-Mirani Fort
- Learn about Omani history on a visit to Bait Al Zubair Museum
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
After exploring the mosque return to your minibus and travel to Muttrah, the quarter where most of Muscat’s top attractions are found. Visit Muttrah Fish Market, a colourfully chaotic Arabic market, and then stroll along the corniche, a scenic area lined with attractive mosques and latticed merchant houses.
Head inside Muttrah Souk and discover a dazzling selection of stalls hawking Omani handicrafts and silverware. Get tips for successful haggling, and then browse the market’s wares for keepsakes to take home.
Step back inside your minibus and travel to Muscat Old Town to explore on foot. The handsome gated neighborhood is home to the diwan (ruler’s office) as well as several Portuguese fortresses. Pass two magnificent ones – Al-Jalali Fort and Al-Mirani Fort – and admire the opulence of Sultan’s Palace (Qasr Al Alam) – the palace of Sultan Qaboos.
Finally, visit Bait Al Zubair Museum to learn about Omani heritage and history, seeing an expansive display of traditional handicrafts, photos and other artifacts. Finish your Muscat shore excursion with a drop-off at the port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Muscat for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Our guide/driver was wonderful, very friendly and shared a lot about his own life with us. The tour was a good over view of the city, the fish market and the mosque were especially memorable.
It was good. Nice driver. Enjoyed and will recommend to others.
Nicer car would have been great.