- Full-day Nizwa shore excursion from Muscat with a private guide
- Travel southwest through the impressive Hajar Mountains
- Admire 17th-century Nizwa Fort and learn about Sultan bin Saif al-Yaruba
- Walk around Nizwa Souk and browse Bedouin silverware and antiques
- Pass an enchanting fortresses at Bahla and visit Jabrin Castle
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
After just less than two hours on the road, arrive in Nizwa and hop off your vehicle to explore the historical town. See Nizwa Fort, a 17th-century fort built for Sultan bin Saif al-Yaruba, an early leader from the Ya’aruba dynasty. Admire its 131-foot (40-meter) tower that dominates the town center, and gaze out at the palm oasis that stretches out around it.
Visit Nizwa Souk to marvel at the antiques and Bedouin silverware on offer. Enjoy a break to explore the center at leisure and have lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at the pre-arranged time to continue your tour.
Leave Nizwa and travel west to the nearby town of Jabrin, passing a series of old battlements at Tanuf and Bahla. Jabrin’s pièce de résistance is Jabrin Castle, one of the best preserved fortresses in Oman. Explore with your guide, admire the elaborately painted ceilings and see if you can find any of the famously hidden rooms of the fortress.
Return to your vehicle and travel back to Muscat, finishing your tour at the start point.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Muscat for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.