- Private Delos tour from Mykonos, led by an expert local guide
- Ride by local boat from Mykonos to nearby Delos, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Learn about Apollo and Artemis, the Greek gods believed to have been born on Delos
- Explore Delos’ ancient ruins and see sights like the agora and Sanctuary of Apollo
- Walk along the Sacred Way and pose for photos in front of the Terrace of the Lions
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A private tour of Delos is a great way to discover the island, as all your travel logistics are arranged and you can even arrange the start time to suit your schedule! Hear all the secrets and little-known facts about Delos’ history; it’s a great introduction for a first-time visitor.
What You Can Expect
As you cruise into the harbor, gaze at Delos’ distinctive conical mounds on the horizon, and hear how natural landmarks, such as these, were used to indicate landscapes linked to goddesses in Greek mythology. Back on dry land, swap your mode of transport to a minivan and head inside the archeological site (own expense) to explore the agora, an open space dotted with relics and ruins where Italian merchants once used to meet.
Continue away from the agora and walk along the wide road known as the Sacred Way (Dromos) to come face-to-face with the Sanctuary of Apollo, a site that marks the heart of Ancient Greece. Listen to tales about the revered Greek sun god and his sibling Artemis as you amble around the ruins of the Hellenistic quarter, and look out for standout relics like the houses of Dionysus and Cleopatra.
Your walking tour of Delos’ ruins finishes with a visit to the Terrace of the Lions – one of the island’s signature sights. Pose for photos in front of marble statues of crouching big cats, and hear how they were intended to be vigilant guardians of Delos’ Sacred Lake.
Return to the port and relax on your short boat trip back to Mykonos. Your tour then finishes with a hotel drop-off.