- 2.5-hour walking tour of Mykonos Old Town, led by a private guide
- Admire the whitewashed Cycladic houses while exploring Mykonos’ picturesque Old Town
- Learn about Mykonos history and hear how the island has changed over the past few centuries
- See top Mykonos attractions like the Church of Panagia Paraportiani and the Mykonos windmills
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a great tour as you can organize it to fit into your schedule, with a flexible departure time and hotel pickup and drop-off included. During your free time, I’d recommend finding a bar to try a glass of ouzo – the local liquor!
What You Can Expect
Hop out of your minivan at Mykonos Yacht Club, where glitzy yachts line the marina’s front, and then set off on your stroll around the picture-perfect alleys that comprise Mykonos Old Town. Cycladic architecture abounds in Mykonos, and its elegant streets are dotted with the white sugar cube houses that grace Greek Island postcards.
Soak up the scenery, enjoying photo stops aplenty as you amble around, and listen to your guide regaling you with tales of the island’s history. Whereas Mykonos is now a hotspot for jet set Europeans, the island was once fought over by Phoenicians, Macedonians and Athenians, and each of the rulers’ architectural legacies can be seen around the island today.
Head toward Little Venice, where whitewashed houses teeter on the water’s edge, and look out toward the famous Mykonos windmills that stud the hillside around Chora town. Stop for photos outside the Church of Panagia Paraportiani, an eye-catching collection of tiny 15th-century chapels.
Enjoy some free time to explore independently or perhaps relax with a drink on a terrace bar (own expense). Then, meet your guide back at your minivan, and finish your Mykonos tour with a drop-off at your hotel.