- Day trip to Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Langata Giraffe Center
- Explore Nairobi National Park with a guide, seeing wildlife like lions and leopards
- Enjoy a traditional Kenyan lunch with drinks at a restaurant near the park
- Visit Karen Blixen Museum and learn about the Out of Africa novel and film on a tour
- See endangered Rothschild Giraffes at Langata Giraffe Center
What You Can Expect
Swap your mode of transport to a game drive vehicle and explore, looking out for herbivores such as zebras and gazelles roaming the savannah plains, as well as the lions, leopards and cheetahs for which the park is famous. Learn about the animals and their natural habitat from your guide and gaze out at the rugged plains, set against the skyscrapers of Nairobi in the distance.
Stop for lunch at a local restaurant near the park and enjoy a traditional Kenyan meal with drinks. Refreshed and refueled, continue your tour to Karen Blixen Museum, a short distance away. Named after the author of the Out of Africa novel and Oscar-winning film, the museum is built on the spot of Karen Blixen’s old farm.
Left almost the same as when Karen Blixen lived there, the museum and grounds are meticulously well preserved, and it’s easy to imagine the days when the building was on the site of a thriving coffee farm. Learn all about Karen Blixen and Out of Africa on a 30-minute tour of the museum.
Then, hop back inside your minibus and travel to Langata Giraffe Center, just outside of Nairobi. Founded as a breeding center for the endangered Rothschild Giraffes, the attraction is run by the African Fund for Endangered Wildlife. Explore at leisure, admiring and hand-feeding the giraffes. It’s the perfect place to get close-up photos that you might not have been able to capture on safari!
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged point, and then travel back to Nairobi. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at your central hotel.