- Wildlife tour at Safari West in Sonoma
- 3-hour tour includes exploring the park by open-air Jeep and on foot
- See more than 700 animals across 80 species, including giraffes, cheetahs, monkeys, zebras and buffalo
- Family-friendly activity open to kids age 3 and up!
- Choose one of five tour times throughout the day to suit your schedule (and leave you plenty of time for wine tastings!)
- Each Jeep is limited to 12 people, providing a small-group experience
What You Can Expect
For three hours, explore the 400-acre (162-hectare) preserve both in the Jeep and on foot, and travel over rugged dirt roads in search of exotic animals. During the tour, your guide will tell you all about the wildlife at the preserve, including endangered species such as the Cape buffalo, springbok, blue wildebeest and red lechwe (a type of antelope). Learn how Safari West works to promote conservation of these beautiful wild animals.
On your drive, pass by herds of African animals including gazelles, zebras, oryx, antelopes and — everyone’s favorite — giraffes, who may just come right up to the Jeep to look you in the eye. Then, hop out of your vehicle with your guide to walk for roughly 30 to 45 minutes. Admire flamingos and other colorful birds in the open-air aviary, observe cheetahs up close, check out the residents of Lemur Island, and laugh at the antics of the monkeys.
When your tour ends, take some time to browse the gift shop for souvenirs such as jewelry, T-shirts and African art. You can also have lunch or dinner at the on-site Savannah Cafe (own expense; see the Exclusions for more details).
Please provide your contact information (i.e. 'on the road' contact number) at time booking.