- 6.5-hour wine tour in Napa, Southern Sonoma or Northern Sonoma
- Visit hidden gem wineries with a small group of wine-lovers and a friendly expert guide
- Sample a variety of California wines and learn about the specialties of the region
- Enjoy a tasty included picnic lunch at one of the wineries as well as a shared cheese plate and bottled water on board the shuttle
- Benefit from the insider knowledge of your guide as you visit the wineries and meet the people who craft these fine wines
- Choose from three different Northern California wine regions to tour with hotel pickup and drop off included
- Small group tour limited to 14 people ensures a more intimate experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
With a focus on smaller, often family-owned wineries, your small group tour will give you a personalized experience of the valley. Your guide will customize the itinerary based on the best wineries available that day. Informative and entertaining commentary from your guide will add to the day's fun.
If you choose the Napa option, you'll visit the Carneros wine region where the finest cool-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Sparkling wines are produced. The Palisades Mountains create a dramatic backdrop to the valley, and mountain top vineyards, geysers, and tall peaks like Mt St Helena add to the striking beauty of the region. Napa Valley is also known for full body reds such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel.
The Southern Sonoma Valley sits on Napa's western flank. The Sonoma tour will take you to the towns of Sonoma and Glen Ellen in the warmer parts of the valley. Old-vine Zinfandels have been cultivated here since the 1850s, making it the birthplace of California's wine industry. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay varietals are grown here, with newcomers like Malbec and Syrah gaining ground.
The Northern Sonoma Valley option visits the westernmost part of Sonoma Valley, closest to the Pacific Ocean. The marine fog makes for a cooler climate, a long growing season, and excellent Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. You'll go through Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Windsor and Healdsburg on this option.
A tasty picnic lunch will be served at one of the wineries and includes deli sandwiches on croissants, a pasta or quinoa salad, sliced fruit, dessert and bottled water. Throughout the day, you’ll have a cheese platter and bottled water available on board your comfortable minicoach.