- Full-day wine country tour from downtown Sonoma
- Ride in a replica of a historic San Francisco cable car
- Enjoy the trolley's narration by a local historian and actor
- Visit four family-owned wineries
- Admire the scenery of vineyards and hills from the trolley
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Sonoma
What You Can Expect
Each wine tasting takes place in a private setting, where your own representatives at each winery will explain the different varietals you’ll sample and the background of the wineries (wine tasting fees are not included and you can expect fees of $5 to $10).
There will be wonderful photo opportunities on this tour and your friendly guide will be happy to take a photo or two of your group so you can document your memorable day in wine country.
In addition to your live guide, a local historian and actor, George Webber, provides the recorded narration of the Sonoma Wine Country Trolley. Between winery stops, enjoy his upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories as you travel through California's early history. Some of the historic landmarks you’ll see on the tour include:
• The Sonoma and Swiss hotels
• General Vallejo's Soldier Barracks
• Mission San Francisco Solano (Sonoma Mission)
• Blue Wing Inn
• Bear Flag Monument
• General Vallejo's Home and State Park
• Sonoma Development Center
• Town of Glen Ellen
Enjoy lunch in a hidden-gem location, which may be among a vineyard, on a garden terrace or in a wine cellar, depending on the weather. Indulge in a picnic catered by Sonoma’s famous The Girl & the Fig restaurant, four-star rated on OpenTable and Yelp. Their delicious and hearty lunches are served family style, allowing everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sandwiches, side salads and desserts. Bottled water is included.