- 1.5-hour pizza-making class and meal in Naples, the birthplace of pizza
- Learn the secrets of sumptuous Neapolitan pizzas from an expert local pizzaiolo
- Mix and knead the pizza dough with your hands
- Top your pizza with quality local ingredients like buffalo mozzarella and chorizo
- Enjoy your pizza accompanied by a starter, dessert and drinks
What You Can Expect
Naples has a refreshing keep-it-simple attitude when it comes to food, relying on the high quality of their local produce to make their dishes sing. Ruby red tomatoes, milky-fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil and DOP olive oils (Denominazione di Origine Protetta) are pizza restaurant staples, and you’ll use the best locally sourced ingredients such as these in your class.
Watch your pizzaiolo mix, knead and stretch the dough, then give it a go yourself! Neapolitan pizzas typically have doughier bases than their crispy Roman counterparts, and your pizzaiolo will explain how to get the dough worked to the right consistency. Choose from a selection of toppings, and then sit down while it bakes!
Relax with other food lovers in your group, chatting about pizza in Naples and enjoying a drink. Whet your appetite with a starter of bruschetta e zeppoline (seaweed bruschetta), then tuck into your very own Neapolitan pizza, before finishing with dolce del gioro with (dessert of the day). With this class under your belt, you’ll be able to easily make your own pizza again at home to impress your family and friends.