- Afternoon trip to Mt. Vesuvius from Naples
- Drive through Vesuvius National Park
- Hike to the summit and peer into the crater of Vesuvius
- Panoramic views of the beautiful Bay of Naples
- Narration by a professional driver-guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
From the summit, the panoramic views of the Bay of Naples have captivated visitors for centuries. Then, peer down into the depths of the crater to see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano.
This is not for the fainthearted; the trek to the summit can be gruelling should one not be wearing the right footwear and have drinking water. The tour on the other hand was good with a very knowledgeable tour guide. The views from the summit are amazibg and there is that sense of achievement having made it to the top.
It will be a challenging walk to the top after you get off of the bus, which takes you most of the way up. We went in June so it was very hot, which made it harder. It was well worth it though. The bus needed to be cooler. Be sure to bring water for the trek up. There are shops at the top where you can purchase drinks, snacks, and souvenirs.