- Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius day trip from Naples
- Explore the fascinating ancient ruins of Pompeii with a guide
- See the destruction of Mt Vesuvius's massive eruption thousands of years ago
- Enjoy a pizza lunch with your fellow travelers
- Hike to the summit of Mt Vesuvius and peer into the crater
- Soak up views of the Bay of Naples from the volcano’s summit
Recent Photos of This Tour
- PompeiiPhoto by: Vanda P
- PompeiiPhoto by: Christopher F
- PompeiiPhoto by: Yvette B
USA, 11 2009
- DSCN5783Photo by: Geoffrey D
- Mt. VesuviusPhoto by: Ann Marie S
- Mt. VesuviusPhoto by: Ann Marie S
- Mt VesuviusPhoto by: Amber E
- Vesuvius taken from PompeiPhoto by: Velyan S
- top of vesuviousPhoto by: Deborah C
- Remember me?Photo by: Natalia W
- Worth it.Photo by: Sameer K
United Kingdom, 06 2015
- View from Mt. VesuviusPhoto by: Richard K
- LunchPhoto by: Richard K
- Pompeii ruins with Mt. ...Photo by: Richard K
- naar boven rennen pfff maar ...Photo by: Han S
- Leaving the sitePhoto by: Sherri A
- columns of the bathhousePhoto by: Sherri A
- Our GuidePhoto by: M. ELIZABETH C
- PompeiiPhoto by: Hazel
- Pompeii, Italy 19.7.14Photo by: Eleanor H
What You Can Expect
We had a fantastic time ! Really pleased that we saw Pompeii the tour guide really made it and was very knowledgeable also great going up Vesuvius.
Everything about this tour was excellent. I was picked up and dropped off from very close to where I was staying, even though it was not an official hotel. The tour guide in Pompeii Sabrina was fantastic, very knowledgeable, very enthusiastic and interesting, and spoke delightful English. The pizza lunch was simple but very good. The drive and then walk up Vesuvius was extraordinary...not an easy walk, though, but well worth all the effort. Overall, this was an excellent experience and I would highly recommend it. Pompeii and Vesuvius can be visited on one's own, but it is so much easier and so much more informative with the tour guides that we had.
We were picked up exactly on time. The trip was well organised according to who had booked a particular trip. The guide who took us around Pompeii was very informative and made sure we saw all of the buildings of interest. Could have done with a bit more time at the top of Vesuvius, but the whole trip was amazing.
Great trip and great tour guides! Highly recommend!
The day was very well co-ordinated, no wasted time, lunch was good fun and more than I expected for the price - the biggest pizza in the world! Tour guides were informative and entertaining. They managed to explain detail in all languages and all ages, they were a hoot!
My tour guide for Pompeii was amazing. She was funny, witty, and really knew her stuff. I wouldn't have left Pompeii knowing nearly as much as I did leaving with my tour guide. I HIGHLY recommend this tour. Its worth the money.
The tour was great. we saw everything we wanted to see in Pompeii, had a wonderful guide and a splendid experience of Mount Vesuvius.
We had the best tour guide for Pompeii! I think her name was Elisia. Best tour of our whole trip to Italy. She was so knowledgeable and gave great info on idioms we use today. She also had one person who only spoke Spanish and did a great job explaining to the whole group in English and then in Spanish as we walked to the one person in our group. She was funny, entertaining, professional, quick to adapt. Just the best. Mt. Vesuvius wasn't really a tour. We just got dropped off and hiked up, so they might want to mention that. But it was beautiful up there.
This worked out great, totally worth it. I arrived at 9:45 am at the Naples train station and quickly found the meeting spot for the tour outside Napoli Station for the 10:30 tour. Our driver and guide whisked us away to Pompeii where we had a great tour guide and saw a good chunk of the ruins.
Afterwards we had pizza, pasta and drinks, all included at a nearby establishment.
Then it was a 40 minute drive up the mountain where we were given ample time to hike up to the top and peer into the crater, which is still smoking! And the views from the top are amazing.
Advice: the walk to the top is a bit of a hike, bring a bottle of water and enjoy it. 30 minutes up, 20 minutes down....
Great day, no hassles, excellent commentary