- Full-day shore excursion to Pompeii and Sorrento from Naples
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Pompeii with your expert guide
- Pass magnificent Mt Vesuvius and see top Pompeii attractions including the Forum, the Thermal Baths and the Lupanar
- Stroll along Sorrento's narrow streets and take in amazing views of the Bay of Naples and the Mediterranean Sea from Meta di Sorrento and Villa Comunale
- Savor lunch at a local pizzeria (included)
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- View from SorrentoPhoto by: Nichelle
USA, 04 2016
- View from Cliffs of SorrentoPhoto by: kath4cubs
- Ruins of PompeiiPhoto by: kath4cubs
- Pompeii and Sorrento ExpertPhoto by: John E
- Sorrento from the hill above ...Photo by: Thomas J
- View on trip to SorrentoPhoto by: Thomas J
- In the pompiiPhoto by: Xueqin L
- Citizen of PompeiiPhoto by: Catman2055
What You Can Expect
Stop for photos at the notorious Mt Vesuvius and learn from your expert guide about the 79 A.D. eruption that buried the entire city of Pompeii under ash. Follow your guide through the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, where you’ll visit the Forum, the town’s official brothel, and the thermal baths.
Savor a traditional pizza lunch (included) after you depart Pompeii, then make your way to the picturesque city of Sorrento. Explore this charming city with your guide, who will take you to the beaches of Vico Equense and Seiano, past lemon and orange trees, and through the narrow streets lined with shops and cafes.
Next, stop at Meta di Sorrento, for panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Naples. After snapping photos, head to Villa Comunale, the largest public park in Sorrento. Enjoy stunning views before making your way back to your ship’s port in the comfort of your air-conditioned coach.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
The tour guide in Pompeii has very good English. She showed us every details about the history of Pompeii. The trip is well organized.
The tour guide in Sorrento is another girl. She is also friendly and tried to satisfy each customer's needs. There are 4 people in this small group in Sorrento and I'm the only passenger from cruise ship. So the driver sent me first to the port in order to catch the ship abroad time. I am very satisfied with this trip.
Great tours. Did this rather then doing it off the cruise ship. Easy peasy!! Both tours were outstanding.
We enjoyed our tour in Pompeii, and Sorrento. The tour guide in Pompeii was excellent, provided us with very thorough information on the history of Pompeii. The lunch was delicious, choice of pizza, spaghetti, lasagna with soda, beer or wine. We had a different guide to Sorrento, Maria, was not as friendly and knowledgeable, beautiful scenic drive to Sorrento, tasted and bought Limoncello to take home.
Wonderful tour. Our guide was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Highly recommend
Juanita S United States of ...
Great trip. I would do it early I. He day because pompano got very hot by noon.
Maria and Andre were FANTASTIC tour guides! They were easy to understand, had in depth knowledge of the area AND the pizza lunch was an oversized delicious individual pizza plus your choice of wine or soda!
Highly recommend this tour.
Wonderful guide, learned so much.
Our guide Maria was the BEST! I had a Wonderful time in Italy and enjoyed each excursion that we did! Very informational and again, a lot of walking. I didn't really care for the Pizza in Naples the sauce was not good to me but that's a matter of opinion I know other's who loved it. The time we had to eat was a bit rushed, but other tours were coming to eat as we were leaving. I would not do this tour again, but it's definitely a must do for a first time!!!!!
Our tour guide Maria was very entertaining and knowledgeable. Having a tour guide in Pompeii is recommended. We had lunch in Pompeii , the worker in the restaurant were very nice and welcoming. Then we headed to Sorrento , we were able to take pictures at Amalfi coast. Sorrento is such a beautiful place. We went for a lemonchelo tasting which is popular in Sorrento. The tour overall was really good, highly recommended including our tour guide Maria.
Sorrento is a MUST go! My tour guide is very knowledgeable and professional.