- Full-day Pompeii and Naples tour with an expert local guide
- Learn about Mount Vesuvius’ eruption in AD 79 and how it left Pompeii buried for centuries
- Unearth the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii on a walking tour
- Visit a corals and cameo factory to see an ancient Neapolitan trade first-hand
- Explore Naples’ historical center on foot, and visit sites like Spaccanapoli and Piazza del Plebiscito
- Discover the seafront neighborhoods of Naples, like Mergellina and Posillipo, on a coach tour
What You Can Expect
Hear about the history of this incredible archeological site on a walking tour of its ruins (entry own expense), and learn little-known tales about the people who perished in the ancient town. See fascinating excavations of monuments like the Forum, once the town’s bustling main piazza, and Teatro Grande, a colossal 5,000-seat theater.
After your tour, hop back on board your coach and travel to a family-owned cameo and corals factory to see carved coral jewelry being made. Watch craftsmen in work, and then visit the factory’s shop where you can browse for gifts to take home, if you wish.
Continue your tour back to Naples and after a break for lunch (own expense), set off on a walking tour around the city’s UNESCO-listed historical center. Pass along Spaccanapoli, the cobblestone street that splits the center down the middle, and pose for pictures in front of Gesù Nuovo Church – Naples’ famous Jesuit church. See Santa Chiara, a museum complex which houses a monastery, archeological museum and tombs; and then visit Piazza del Plebiscito where four Bourbon palaces can be found.
The last part of your afternoon is spent back on board your coach, visiting districts like Mergellina – Naples’ kitsch seafront marina – and Posillipo, its upmarket neighbor with views that match its fancy villas. Pass Caracciolo Palace, marveling at its lavish exterior, and then work your way back to central Naples, where your tour ends.