- Day trip to Pompeii and Sorrento from Naples
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Pompeii with your professional guide
- See the magnificent Mt Vesuvius from Pompeii
- Visit fascinating Pompeii attractions like the Forum, the Thermal Baths and Lupanar
- Discover Sorrento with its narrow streets and amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea
- Savor traditional Italian cuisine at a local pizzeria (own expense)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by luxury coach included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Learn how in 79 AD the entire town of Pompeii and its inhabitants were buried under ash and pumice from a violent explosion from Mt Vesuvius. On your guided tour, discover the everyday life of the Imperial Age and imagine the panic of the people before the city was so disastrously buried.
With your guide, explore fascinating Pompeii attractions such as the Forum, formerly the civic center of Pompeii that supported buildings for business, religion, and the local government. See the Lupanar -- the official brothel of Pompeii in medieval days -- and learn how the Thermal Baths were divided into separate areas for men and women. These public baths were a place for people to relax and socialize.
After visiting Pompeii, stop for lunch at a local pizzeria.. Next, visit Sorrento for a walking tour around this charming little town. Be enchanted by the gorgeous beaches of Vico Equense and Seiano, and see the typical Mediterranean vegetation brimming with lemon and orange trees. Stop at a panoramic viewpoint in Meta di Sorrento for amazing views of the bay and the Mediterranean Sea.
Your guide will show you the most renowned places as you walk through narrow streets full of stores and quaint workshops. See one of the most scenic places in Sorrento, Villa Comunale, from where you can see as far as Punta Campanella and Capri Island. Take in the breathtaking scenery before returning to Naples by luxury coach.
We had a great tour guide both in Pompeii and Sorrento.
Communication prior to hotel pick-up was great.
100% recommend viator.
The half day in Pompei was great, the guide was very informative and lunch was enjoyable. Sorrento is probably one of the most beautiful spots in Italy and I encourage all to see. The trip could have been a bit longer in Sorrento as I felt we did not have sufficient time to see much.