- Half-day private shore excursion to Naples from Salerno
- Admire the stunning Royal Palace, Naples Cathedral, Town Hall Square, Castel Nuovo and more
- Take in panoramic views of the Gulf of Naples and Mt Vesuvius from Posillipo
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience, with flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Aboard your comfortable minivan, continue with your guide to the Royal Palace, also known as Palazzo Reale, built by Domenico Fontana in 1602. See its vast Palace Square, home to the heart of Naples’ social and political life. Admire the beautiful church of St Francesco di Paola, modeled after the Pantheon of Rome. Take a stroll along narrow medieval streets and discover the Town Hall Square, the largest square in Naples. In the center of this square, you'll see an equestrian statue of the king Victor Emmanuel II of Savoy.
Your guide will happily recommend a great place for you to enjoy a traditional Italian lunch (own expense) before taking you to Piazza Municipio. Marvel at the majestic 13th-century Castel Nuovo (New Castle) and learn how it was built by Charles I of Anjou, from whom it gets its original name, Maschio Angioino (Angevin Keep). Then, admire wonderful views of Naples and Mt Vesuvius from the terraces of Posillipo, a beautiful residential quarter along the northern coast of the Gulf of Naples, before heading back to the Salerno port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Salerno for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.