- Rum-tasting and food walking tour in Nassau
- Explore downtown Nassau’s food and drink scene with a knowledgeable guide
- Visit Pirate’s Pub & Grill for rum samples and a bit of buccaneer history
- Discover interesting local businesses like Hillside House and Graycliff Chocolatier
- Enjoy rum cocktails, rum-infused chocolate, conch and lobster fritters, and a Bahamian guava dessert
- Learn about sugar cane, barrel aging and other facets of rum making at John Watling’s Distillery
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Continue walking through downtown Nassau to three more local establishments, where you’ll fill up on rum cocktails, savory snacks and sweet, boozy treats. Enjoy bites of Bahamian conch fritters — a local specialty — as well as rum-infused chocolate and a Bahamian dessert made from guava, a tropical fruit.
As you get to know the city’s rum and food scene with your guide, discover off-the-beaten-path sites and hear madcap stories about the island’s swashbuckling and rum-running history. Passing historical buildings, learn how they once played a role in the profiteering business as storage space for liquor about to be transported across the ocean.
Fittingly, your tour ends at John Watling’s Distillery, located on the island’s Buena Vista Estate. Learn about how rum is made here, from fermentation to aging in white-oak barrels, and hear about the mysteries surrounding 17th-century pirate John Watling, for whom the distillery is named.
Tastings include (subject to change):
- 6 rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian conch and lobster fritters
- Rum-infused white chocolate
- Caramel truffle shot
- Guava duff (a Bahamian dessert made with fruit wrapped in dough)
This tour was great. Our tour guides Jamie and Jason were very knowledgeable and made the tour a lot of fun. We learned a lot and got to enjoy some of the local favorites while doing it. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants a different sightseeing experience while in Nassau.
Tour and Tour guide were both GREAT! We were a little skeptical at first just with the nature of the city, but our tour guide made us feel safe. She was very knowledgeable about the history and was very accommodating. Would DEFINITELY do again!