- Rum-tasting and food walking tour in Nassau
- Explore downtown Nassau’s food and drink scene with a knowledgeable guide
- Visit Pirate’s Pub & Grill for rum samples and a bit of buccaneer history
- Discover interesting local businesses like Hillside House and Graycliff Chocolatier
- Enjoy rum cocktails, rum-infused chocolate, conch and lobster fritters, and a Bahamian guava dessert
- Learn about sugar cane, barrel aging and other facets of rum making at John Watling’s Distillery
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Continue walking through downtown Nassau to three more local establishments, where you’ll fill up on rum cocktails, savory snacks and sweet, boozy treats. Enjoy bites of Bahamian conch fritters — a local specialty — as well as rum-infused chocolate and a Bahamian dessert made from guava, a tropical fruit.
As you get to know the city’s rum and food scene with your guide, discover off-the-beaten-path sites and hear madcap stories about the island’s swashbuckling and rum-running history. Passing historical buildings, learn how they once played a role in the profiteering business as storage space for liquor about to be transported across the ocean.
Fittingly, your tour ends at John Watling’s Distillery, located on the island’s Buena Vista Estate. Learn about how rum is made here, from fermentation to aging in white-oak barrels, and hear about the mysteries surrounding 17th-century pirate John Watling, for whom the distillery is named.
Tastings include (subject to change):
- 6 rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian conch and lobster fritters
- Rum-infused white chocolate
- Caramel truffle shot
- Guava duff (a Bahamian dessert made with fruit wrapped in dough)
Jason was an awesome tour guide!
Jason was a fantastic tour guide that provided tons of great information on Nassau that our group had never known. The food was delicious and the rum was strong! The rum mixed drinks were delicious and we enjoyed seeing some of the sights of Nassau! Would definitely recommend this trip :