- Rum-tasting and food walking tour in Nassau
- Explore downtown Nassau’s food and drink scene with a knowledgeable guide
- Visit Pirate’s Pub & Grill for rum samples and a bit of buccaneer history
- Discover interesting local businesses like Hillside House and Graycliff Chocolatier
- Enjoy rum cocktails, rum-infused chocolate, conch and lobster fritters, and a Bahamian guava dessert
- Learn about sugar cane, barrel aging and other facets of rum making at John Watling’s Distillery
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Continue walking through downtown Nassau to three more local establishments, where you’ll fill up on rum cocktails, savory snacks and sweet, boozy treats. Enjoy bites of Bahamian conch fritters — a local specialty — as well as rum-infused chocolate and a Bahamian dessert made from guava, a tropical fruit.
As you get to know the city’s rum and food scene with your guide, discover off-the-beaten-path sites and hear madcap stories about the island’s swashbuckling and rum-running history. Passing historical buildings, learn how they once played a role in the profiteering business as storage space for liquor about to be transported across the ocean.
Fittingly, your tour ends at John Watling’s Distillery, located on the island’s Buena Vista Estate. Learn about how rum is made here, from fermentation to aging in white-oak barrels, and hear about the mysteries surrounding 17th-century pirate John Watling, for whom the distillery is named.
Tastings include (subject to change):
- 6 rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian conch and lobster fritters
- Rum-infused white chocolate
- Caramel truffle shot
- Guava duff (a Bahamian dessert made with fruit wrapped in dough)
Absolutely the best! Not only were we treated to some great history overview, but we got to taste the different flavorings of rum, now know which types are "mixing" liquors and which you can enjoy straight from the bottle! Our guide was incredible: smart, funny., personable and the "other" sites included - distillery, walking through the town, art gallery were wonderful. Highly recommend this tour!
We had a great time. The walk was nice and our guide was fun and very knowledgable. He did everything to make sure we were happy and had answers for every question we had. Bonus- the rum was delicious!!!