Go diving with sharks in Nassau and get a close-up look at the Caribbean reef shark, one of Grand Bahamas’ top predators. Encounter sharks on two remarkable dives: swim alongside the elegant hunters as you navigate a dramatic sea wall, then head back into the water for a shark-feeding dive. Join a professional shark feeder on the seafloor, and watch as the sharks gather around a nearby bait box.
- 5-hour shark adventure off the coast of Nassau
- Swim with reef sharks before watching the feeding display
- Rental equipment is available (additional fee) or bring your own
- Round-trip hotel transportation
What You Can Expect
Don your equipment for the dive, full wetsuits are required. Rental equipment is available at additional cost. Head out on the dive boat for the first location of the day, one of four local sites where divers can commune with the native Caribbean Reef Sharks.
Jump off the boat for a free swim with these elegant animals. No bait is exposed on this dive, but the sharks are curious and will follow you. Your experience here is similar to what you would find in the wild.
The shark-feeding dive is next. Under the supervision of your expert guides, you and your group will kneel on the ocean floor around the bait box. The professional shark feeder uses the box and a pole spear to control the sharks' access to the food, and thus, their behavior. You'll get up close and personal with these intelligent mammals while they are focused on their dinner, not on you.
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be in good health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives.
It's a must do for divers, and if you're not a diver, become one so you can do this.
extremely professional and fun excursion. They helped set up equipment and thoroughly explain everything before starting.
the sharks literally brush by you while he is feeding them. This was a once in a lifetime adventure that I will NEVER forget. Best money I've ever spent!