- Nassau food and rum-tasting shore excursion
- Enjoy a walking tour through downtown Nassau with a knowledgeable guide
- Fill up on rum cocktails, rum-infused chocolate, conch and lobster fritters, and a Bahamian guava dessert
- Check out interesting local businesses like Hillside House and Graycliff Chocolatier
- Learn about fermentation, barrel aging and other facets of rum making at John Watling’s Distillery
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures you enjoy a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Walk through downtown Nassau to visit three other local businesses, where you'll chat with the proprietors about their craft as you sample savory snacks, rum cocktails and rum-infused candies. Taste the local favorite snack, conch fritters, and a special Bahamian guava dessert.
Listen to your guide's entertaining stories about the island's rum-running history as you walk past historical buildings in town — all of which played a part in the bootlegging industry.
End up at John Watling's Distillery on Buena Vista Estate. Tour the distillery to learn about the rum-making process and the legend of 17th-century pirate John Watling himself.
Return to your starting point in plenty of time to catch your departing ship.
My husband and I saw this trip rated on Trip Advisor and thought it would be a great way to see different points of interest in Nassau during our cruise and of course drink rum. We were very impressed with Orchid and had an amazing time walking through the downtown area. She is an excellent tour guide and has an obvious passion and love for sharing her island. Would definitely take more tours through this company.
Our tour guide was EXCELLENT! She was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. She found each of us at the starting location and offered to take us back to that location if we wanted, even though the ending location was at the distillery. The tour included a lot of historical information and a few of the local sites. Not recommended for someone with mobility issues, but you do NOT have to be in good shape to take this tour and enjoy it. The tastings, cocktails, and candies were all great and fun to learn about.
The tour was amazing! We would definitely recommend taking this tour
Amazing. We really enjoyed the tour and got to know the history of the island. Orchid was very knowledgeable and she gave very good information about the local area and people.
The tour was so much fun. We learned a lot about the island and our tour guide was the best!
Had a great time. Jason was very friendly and informative.