- Nassau shark diving shore excursion
- Swim with Caribbean Reef Sharks and watch as they are being fed
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. You'll dive either the combination of 'Shark Wall' and 'The Arena' or the combination of 'Shark Wall North' and 'The Runway'. At either location, you'll encounter a gathering of Caribbean Reef Sharks on a consistent basis.
Your first dive is a 'Free Swim' with the sharks on a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know that dinner time is soon. However, no bait is exposed on this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers - just as you would encounter a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark-feeding dive. Unlike ordinary dives, you'll spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Divers form a semi-circle in front of the professional shark feeder who'll place a bait box on the bottom. Your feeder utilizes the bait box and a pole spear to control the release of food that influences the shark's behavior. Watch exactly how the shark feeder keeps the sharks in a 'polite' feeding posture. The sharks will come very close but they are more interested in the bait than you!
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Must have good physical health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives. Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
We will ensure your timely return to Nassau for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Fantastic and the people at Stuart's were so helpful and definitely on their "a" game!
Wow! That's what my husband and I said after this tour. We absolutely loved the experience. The crew was fun, friendly, and very good at ensuring we were safe and had a good time. It sounds a little frightening, but it is really beautiful to watch the sharks and they don't even know you are there.