- Balmoral Island stingray encounter
- Take a scenic ferry ride across the turquoise water
- Spend 30 minutes in the water with friendly stingrays
- Pet, feed and hold a stingray with a trainer's supervision
- Enjoy the rest of the island at your leisure: use the beachfront pool, go swimming, buy lunch or rent snorkeling gear
- Relax on a white-sand beach, away from busy Nassau
What You Can Expect
Upon arrival on the island, you’ll be greeted by a staff member and given a short introduction and safety briefing on how to act with the southern stingrays, which can grow up to 5 feet (2 meters) wide. Then wade out into the clear, waist-deep water to begin your 30-minute session with a trainer, during which you can pet, feed and even hold a stingray. Learn about their behaviors and environment, and pose for a souvenir photo that you can purchase later, if you wish.
When your encounter is over, spend the rest of your time on the island however you please. Perhaps rent snorkeling gear to spend more time observing the stingrays, go for a swim in the calm water, or just lounge on the white-sand beach and either work on your tan or take shelter under the shade of an umbrella.
If you prefer chlorine to saltwater, head to the heated beachfront pool for a dip. Or purchase drinks, snacks or lunch from the market or one of the island bars, and eat on the shaded patio.
In the mid-afternoon, head back to Nassau on the ferry.