- Rum tour at Appleton Estate from Negril
- Take a guided tour of one of Jamaica’s best — and oldest — rum distilleries
- See the tools of the trade, from the copper pot stills to the ageing barrels
- Learn about the fermentation process of sugar cane, yeast and water from the estate grounds
- Sample 10 different rums and receive your own bottle as a souvenir
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, your 45-minute guided tour will begin. Visit the distillery to see Appleton's copper pot stills, which give the rum a distinctive flavor, and take a look inside the ageing house, where the rum sits in oak barrels, some for up to 30 years.
Learn about the prestigious history of Appleton Estate, one of the oldest distilleries in Jamaica, and hear about its fermentation process, during which sugar cane molasses and a special yeast culture combine with water that has been filtered naturally by limestone to create Appleton’s much-loved flavor.
Next, it’s time for samples! In addition to 10 different types of Jamaican rum, try a bit of freshly pressed cane juice. Then spend a little time browsing the gift shop for souvenirs (perhaps an exclusive bottle of Appleton Estate rum that’s only sold in Jamaica?) before boarding your bus back to Negril.